Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exterior mods which look good.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Not sure if you mean VS or VSII as there is no pic (I'm guessing VS as the chrome mould on VSII is embedded into lower part of bumper), but try your local 3m stockist (like tint-a-car) - I got my ss bumper moulds from there and they had all commodore types either in stock or available by order

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
some mods you can do is vz ss guard flutes, colour code your wiper jets to the bonnet (small mod i know but cleans it up) and driving lights as suggested before :) that should keep ya busy for awhile hehe

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
oops

ahh crud i forgot about the pic lol :bang:
and its a SII btw. Here's the pic. Its an exec, and i want to put the chrome mouldings in cause i like the look of them on the calais.

Last edited:
K

krsta

HoldenManDan said:
Hey i was wondering if any of you guys would be able to help me track down somewhere i could get my hands on some chrome bumper moulding like is used on the vs calais? The calais has D - profile stuff, and i've been unable to find anything thats tall enough to fill the gap satisfactorily. If youre unsure of what i'm on about have a look at the pic, the moulding goes where its circled in green. Really hope you can help. :bow:

how did you take off your mouldings on the front i want myn off dey old and grey and ugly

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
tysons_2001 said:
I am looking at more ways of makin my car look better on the outside.
Heres the list of things ive done so far:
1. 18" wheels
2. lowered with superlow king springs
3. painted calipers and drums
4. slimline plates
5. clear side indicators
6. exhaust tip

Soon i will be tinting my windows which will make it look alot better in my opinion. Also i am not a big fan of body kits or spoilers so that is out of the question.
Also thought about removing the black side strips but havent yet in fear of wrecking my paint.

Any other mods you know of to make a commodore look better?

I personally don't care for many of his designs however Chip Foose does have the philosophy right - whatever you do, make it look like it is "supposed" to be there. Subtle is the key.

Do you want your audience to say - Hey, nice 18" wheels man, or Wow - awesome ride, however they never can quite pin point which bit makes it look so right.

Cheers,
Reaper

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
moulding

krsta said:
how did you take off your mouldings on the front i want myn off dey old and grey and ugly
... is your moulding on the front just flat stuff or does it have some shape to it? the exec just has a "[" - shaped insert in the front and rear bumpers where a single stripe is fixed. If this is the case i would just put new moulding over the top. Other models such as the berlina and calais have chrome "D" profile moulding fixed in this space instead. I wanna get my hands on some of this D profile moulding to put in my "[" space, at least on the front and back... anyone know where i can get such moulding?

K

krsta

its just a normal grey moulding with a blue line in the middle sounds ugly and is ugly thats y i want it off hehe