Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

external temp probe ? location ?

troyjm310

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Sportwagon SV6 Z Series
ive had a goodd look and cant find jack :S
does anyone know where this external temp probe is located
just trying to figure out as the weather man said upto 36 and my climate control outside degrees was showing 44 wat the haha

vxcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
I have a VX Calais and the external probe on mine is behind the bumper on the right hand side,just in front of the air con condenser

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
as VX calais said, however the sensor will only give an accurate reading once on the road, wait 10 mins and it will generally drop down to a real reading

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
that thing is useless, it gets the heat from the road as well, so it will never be accurate, even when driving, on mine I always take off 3-4 degrees and then i get the right temp outside.

the only time i think it might be accurate is when its cloudy, or raining, cause then you dont get the heat from the road effecting it as badly.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Cal.oz said:
that thing is useless, it gets the heat from the road as well, so it will never be accurate, even when driving, on mine I always take off 3-4 degrees and then i get the right temp outside.

the only time i think it might be accurate is when its cloudy, or raining, cause then you dont get the heat from the road effecting it as badly.

Dont forget the heatsoak flowing under the car while driving...

Im certain ford have theirs mounted front and rear and they average out between them, i know my old mans car gives a diff reading to commodores on diff days usually cooler

vxcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
The calais actually has 2 sensors as I would imagine most of the models do, 1 under the bumper and the other is part of the little window in the centre of the dash which also functions as the security remote sensor, light sensor for the auto headlamps. It also has a climate control sensor in the dash for cabin temperature