Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extra 12 volt power outlets in the dash

Jock

Reaction score
Hi all,
Like most people I am getting a collection of accessories for the car. (Phone, gps,hands free ect...) Some of them need power and the location of the power outlet in the storage bin is inconvenient to say the least. I have done some reading on this thread and that indicates that there is another source in the dash for the accessory smokers kit. Has anyone used this and if so do you have any pointers at how to get at the plug.
Tutes, photos and advice all gratefully accepted
Thanks
Jock

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
to get to the wires i think you'll have to remove parts of the centre console (from console to dash, including shifter) and then behind the small compartment at the bottom of the dash you will see wires hanging down, they are not attached to a cigarette lighter plug, so its just the power/earth wires.

thats as far as i ever got, but i need to work out how to hook my gps up to it soon so i'll keep you posted.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
You need to remove the right hand side panel of the centre console. Behind that you will find a white plastic plug with three terminals. One for power, one for earth and one for lights. I used this plug for my mobile phone button.

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
ive got a double 12v power source mounted just under the glovebox for gps/phone. I removed the centre console and just tapped it into the source in the centre console. The standard one's in a dicky spot if u ask me, unless u wanna charge ur phone. without any1 seein, just by leaving the radio on ;)

Jock

Reaction score
Thanks for that but how do you get the panels off in the first place.
Cheers
David

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Thanks for that but how do you get the panels off in the first place.
Cheers
David

You drop down the panel under the steering wheel, it's just clipped on.
That will expose the screws to undo the side panel to the centre console, undo that and you have access to the cig. plug.

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
do it the old way, get your falt and phillips head and figure it out ;)
they make em stronger these days dont break so easy