Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extra 2 Cigarette Plugs On One Fuse

GK813

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hi all, I have a stock cigarette lighter plug at the moment and I need to install an extra 2 more into the console for use so I can have a traffic camera plus a hand held CB rechargeing at the same time, can I use just the positive and negative from the stock cigarette plug and do I have to change the fuse in the fuse panel to something higher in amps?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Get a multiplug adaptor....You can buy them at any autoparts stores....There are 2 pin, 3 pin and 4 pin....Some even have USB ports in them....No need to change fuses either

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Get a multiplug adaptor....You can buy them at any autoparts stores....There are 2 pin, 3 pin and 4 pin....Some even have USB ports in them....No need to change fuses either

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
NEVER change the fuse without upgrading the wiring. Factory fuses are ALWAYS fused to protect the weak link, whether it be the wiring or the appliance/socket. If you fit a larger fuse, the fuse is no longer the weak point and something else will give way, possibly resulting in a fire.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
NEVER change the fuse without upgrading the wiring. Factory fuses are ALWAYS fused to protect the weak link, whether it be the wiring or the appliance/socket. If you fit a larger fuse, the fuse is no longer the weak point and something else will give way, possibly resulting in a fire.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Good advise above on not changing the fuse to a higher rating.

It's pretty simple to add a new circuit also as long as you have an inline fuse on the new circuit. Dash Cameras and phone changers use very little current, so you would get away with a 10A circuit on these new ones, but don't plug in an air compressor or other high current draw items

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm running an incar dash cam, GPS unit, phone charger and blue tooth unit all off the factory VC Commodore fuse for the cigarette lighter...Haven't blown the fuse yet, so fingers crossed it doesn't blow