Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extra Battery in the back of our VF Evoke wagon, ex vic police

darrenj9413

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Series 2 Caprice.
Just a question, our VF evoke wagon which is ex vic police has two batteries in the back, one thats on the left and is the normal battery for the car and one that has been installed on the right rear under a special cover. Is this battery doing anything? does it play a part in running the car or is it purely there to run axillary equipment. Does it need replacing when the primary battery is replaced or can it just be ignored? Does it need to stay connected as not to interfere or change any circuit? I have opened the cover to see the battery but I have never interfered with it in any way, we have owned the car for nearly four years and had no trouble from the car or its axillary battery.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
there will be a redarc battery controller under the bonnet to charge auxillary battery
auxillary battery will not be running anything at this stage

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
It won't be doing anything other than costing you in weight unless you've attach something to it. You can take out the system and you wont have any troubles. I took mine out, gave the system to my old man to use in his Colorado and sourced new trims to return the boot to factory.
If its been in before you bought it and you bought it 4 years ago it may actually of reached end of life anyway. Head to a battery or parts store and get them to put it on their tester. If it's dead it may as well come out.

darrenj9413

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Series 2 Caprice.
It won't be doing anything other than costing you in weight unless you've attach something to it. You can take out the system and you wont have any troubles. I took mine out, gave the system to my old man to use in his Colorado and sourced new trims to return the boot to factory.
If its been in before you bought it and you bought it 4 years ago it may actually of reached end of life anyway. Head to a battery or parts store and get them to put it on their tester. If it's dead it may as well come out.
Thanks for your advice, I will take the thing out, as you say its just taking up space and adding weight for no good reason.

ol smokey

Reaction score
Members Ride
'82 VH wagon, '97 VT wagon, now '17 SS VF2 wagon
I fitted a couple of USB ports and 12v outlets plus a 240v inverter to my second battery. I didn't see the point of removing it since the cover is going to still be there anyway to cover the bloody great hole they cut into the wall to fit the battery.