Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors and otr

MITCHSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting extractors and an otr for my SSV sometime in the next few months. Just curious as to whether you think I should do them both at once or do them separately. I know I'll need a tune after both but wondering if I can hit two birds with one stone and get it all done at once.

Cheers

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
do both at once and get a tune, or just fit OTR and u may get away with it till u get extractors then tune for both

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
These cars can be odd fitted a few notes before tunes no engine lights but VFII it came on, same with exhausts had a few come up with light and a few didn't.

Do all your mods the tune, some tuners will only charge a bit for upgrades but do the lot first.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Best to get it all done at the same time, save money that way as well.
But I wouldn't see any harm in getting either done without tuning straight away.

Depends on what extractors and OTR you are fitting.
An OTR suited for a MAF can bolt straight up without tuning, extractors should be fairly similar. Might have the most issue if you install high flow cats.

If money is an issue OTR is cheaper so do that first, then get the extractors, cats and tune done afterwards.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
If money is an issue OTR is cheaper so do that first, then get the extractors, cats and tune done afterwards.

Do This ^^^

Pete's SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Series II ute
I got extractors, 100 cell cats, OTR and tune all at the same time and the difference is like night and day.