Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors with stock exhaust?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I'm thinking of whacking a set of Pacemakers on the Stato. Would I see much improvement if I retain the stock exhaust? Only reason I would keep the exhaust standard is because I don't want it hecticly loud.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Just get the exhaust to flow good with minimal extra sound,it can be done.The Statesman has non stock exhaust with high flow cats and is not too loud.Its built for more power not more noise.Any GOOD exhaust place will be able to help you out.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If you don't want it loud but want a decent flow why not buy a second hand HSV cat back.
They are on eBay all the time, $100-250, definately worth the money and they are full stainless steel.
You'll just need to adjust the length if you buy a normal sedan system.
I have seen grange systems on there before.
A lot of super6 guys do this, nice note and still get decent hp figures.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Putting extractors on and keeping the stock system will give you better economy and better low to mid torque. But use Tri Y's. If you put tuned length on, all you will do is create more back pressure as the extractors will get the exhaust moving faster but the stock system will choke it back.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
That set is bloody cheap....but I can do you a one off for $400 even....normally $420. Postage, according to the Auspost calculator would be approx $40, or if you are going to Sydney you could pick them up.....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It would make a small difference, but the cost wouldn't justify it. There isn't much available for the WM V6, on the V8 it would make more of a difference. I would leave it unless you wanted to spend another grand for not much improvement.