Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

extractors $$$

P

pest

Also too, they might be quoting you the price to fit these buggers. I can tell you that its worth every cent to get them to fit extractors to your VN(assuming you have a VN by your name?) because it's an utter pain in the rear to do it in the shed. I did my wife's VR, plus they were pacemakers because they fit the best. Big job=big dollars.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Agree with you on the price for extractors being stupid...but after building a set myself out of a heap of bends and straight pipe for my old Z1000 Kawasaki I used to own, I wouldn't wish that job on any poor bastard... :b:

Yeah, if I was getting them on my VS-II, I'd probably spring for the fitting, after spending half a day helping my daughters deadbeat now-ex-boyfriend fit a set to a VR a year or so back...pig of a job... :b:

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
have heard you have to remove the steering rack? also heard it easier if you undo and engine mount and jack the engine up on its side? c'mon it cant be that hard can it?

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
they are only about 500 bucks arnt they? i was quoted a couple of years ago for my camry for 400, so holdens mightbe different/more expensive

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Extractors

Extractors are expensice beacasue of certain material used and coating, each brand has there own technology like bend,and etc...

Got this off Pacemakers website:

For over a quarter of a century, Pacemaker has been innovating, designing and manufacturing quality exhaust headers in Australia. Pacemaker was the first company to introduce mandrel-bending technology into the exhaust header market, forever changing the header industry landscape.

Today Pacemaker still draws upon its long tradition of innovation by introducing new technologies into the market place. In this time Pacemaker has been able to design and build one of Australia's largest 4-into-1 and Tri-y catalogues. In 1997 Pacemaker introduced its turbulence eliminating 'pipe over cone' technology (design copyright number 135712). This advance in design and construction not only dramatically improves flow through the exhaust but also helps to lengthen the life of the product.

Even more recently Pacemaker has introduced a shot peen process over its entire range. This process, while used to remove scale oil and other debris from the product prior to painting, has an interesting side effect. During a shot peen blast, the surface area is expanded and fine cracks and sharp edges are smoothed over. This also helps to extend the life of the product even further. This method of shot peening is also used in the aviation industry as well as in the building of high performance engines.

Hope that gave u some understanding. :)