Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Advanced Headers are equal in performance to Pacemaker, in fact many exaust places will reccomend them before pacies..

If you go to exhaust places.. ask the guys that work there what they have on their cars... Most will have Advanced rather than pacemaker!

Pacemaker are better built, but advanced offer performance equally as good. Both built here in Adelaide.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
yeah, the reason extractors as such a good bolt on mod is because of when the engine weas introduced into the commodores,

it was originally a East West mounted engine, in america.. so when holden grabbed it the headers were rushed to get the car out... they werent the best flowing but they did the job, later on the revised the design and made them flow more efficiently so if they look the same design, chances are they probbly flow the same.. my mate was sellin his pacies for $250, didnt grab em because i want forced induction, (turbo) and it'd be a waste of money

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
PaRaDoX616 said:
yeah, the reason extractors as such a good bolt on mod is because of when the engine weas introduced into the commodores,

it was originally a East West mounted engine, in america.. so when holden grabbed it the headers were rushed to get the car out... they werent the best flowing but they did the job, later on the revised the design and made them flow more efficiently so if they look the same design, chances are they probbly flow the same.. my mate was sellin his pacies for $250, didnt grab em because i want forced induction, (turbo) and it'd be a waste of money

Actually the headers on the Series 1 VN's were almost like a set of extractors themselves... You'd get better performance with those than the ones on the S2... The Series 2 manifold was thicker and is cast iron, making them stronger and less noisey. The S1 headers are basically like a wildcat header themselves.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
1991_Vn2nV said:
Actually the headers on the Series 1 VN's were almost like a set of extractors themselves... You'd get better performance with those than the ones on the S2... The Series 2 manifold was thicker and is cast iron, making them stronger and less noisey. The S1 headers are basically like a wildcat header themselves.

i agree you can hear a series I vn 200m up the road:yeah:

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
i got some pacies the other day for 250 out the trading post and heaps better than the stock crap that was on there i tell ya cracks everywhere on passenger side one thats why i got new ones and they came of a vr and a custom y pipe coz his car was real low

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
yea thanx for the comments, yea so im hopefully gettin the extractors soon, yea and i can get em fit for pretty cheap 2 because he is mates with the guy at the exhaust shop so its good, has anyone else got these extractors on there car?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
wes_v8 said:
yea thanx for the comments, yea so im hopefully gettin the extractors soon, yea and i can get em fit for pretty cheap 2 because he is mates with the guy at the exhaust shop so its good, has anyone else got these extractors on there car?

Perhaps not as popular interstate, but im not joking when I say alot of the exhaust places I have walked into have said EVERYONE in the store uses Advanced, none of em pacemaker. Says alot imo

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
yea well my mate rekons they are pretty good, now just gotta come with the money, what difference would they make when they are on? its a stock V6 engine with a 2.5" Reback exhaust from the cat

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i think its about 10-20 kw from extractors and exhaust total.
from memory i got about 5-10 from 2.5" cat back on my vp