Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extreme V6

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
problem with cast heads and 1.9 inlets is hardfacing on seat is removed you require upper lube to make it last.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
These aluminium heads sound like they could be the goods when they are finally sorted.
Great power figure you got, how does she drive.
Like someone else said you need to start a proper thread on your ute with all the specs and pics, except the secret ones.
looking forward to more info and hopefully some pics.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
cheers mate. looks like you got all the fruit on there. howz the electric water pump work out. it can only be a matter of time before we see the magic number appear:thumbsup:

300kwv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67
I'm running a stock VR V6 (buick engine) with a T70 turbo and making 320hp @ wheels on 14 psi. The ecotec engine have a better stock flowing cylinder head than the earlier ones so they should have some good gains.

What sort of compression are you running? And what type of blower?

Matchport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Ute
Hi. Comp is 8.2-1 Charger is a T Trim, We have imported a TA Block (www.TA performance.com)from the US with cylinder heads and billet crank and rods, this is going in a FED with a 6/71 on alcohol, chassis is finished, Pre Ecoteck engines are good for 4oo BHP you require billet caps you can get from TA< Aluminium head may fit I can check this for you the heads I have for the TA block Flow approx 700 HP, the Buick engines are a solid little engine, the problem WE HAVE is all have to be made custom, I have spend approx and this is no **** approx $80,000.00 on the three engines . I like to pass my experiance to who is willing to be differend. Good Luck, if I can help let send text Reg Ron

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
he now has built a motor with 350rwhp or about 260rwkw.