Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F&*^ Rear main seal leak

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
ok guys cars leaking pretty bad took it a few places only 1 identified it as rear main seal but i know its that just wondering what sorta price im gonna be looking at for this and if its worth it.

Either i get it fixed or i take car off road in a month when rego runs out rip out motor and drp in a 5 speed and newer motor and buy myself a conna corolla or sigma or some **** too bash about in next few months????

Cheers in advance

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
its cheaper to find another motor without leaks lol....its a good half a day job cos holden has changed the rear main seal design and flipped the fuggen thing around and tell you to press it out before you fit it and then install it again??? then you ahve to line it up PERFECT with the aligning tool(piece of pipe:bang:)turn the crankshaft 2 revolutions and tighten the housing and then tighten up the sump....and then there is still no guarantee's that its not gonna leak again.....

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
yeh thats what i was thinking not too sure tho maybe try find a 5 speed motor and trans from a wreck and just convert

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
*cough* GROW SOME BALLS AND GET A 5 SPEED DYLAN *cough*

ahahahahaha hmm calais might be off road for a few months

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
Excuse me? I have balls, they just havent dropped yet thankyou very much. :ranting:

shut up Dylan how the **** does that help my leaking issue what i gonna do chop ur balls off and use them too plug up the leaks????????

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
i reckon your best bet as you said would be to find a wrecked 5speed and go from there. i have done the conversion with a few mates over a couple of weekends so if you need any help let me know.

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
Could use them as knee caps and a dorsal fin...

fresh engine and 5speed :D

And while its of the road, lower ss lip, re-spray and pimpin interior sick yo plus 20s and bags..

ps you kno we can put a whole 5spd engine and trans and **** in over 2 days :thumbsup:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
there sa complete vr 5 speed wreck where i work for $300 but its like a 2 1/2 hour drive form where you are calais 6:thumbsup: plus i want it as spares lol