Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F***! Red light fine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Its a sad sad day when people come on a forum and complain they have been dont hard by because they have broken the law. My suggestion is to have a cup of harden the **** up and cop it like a man. You broke the law no matter what way you look at it. so delete the thread and ahave a beer and chilax

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
minux is right..

SLEEP AT WORK! lol.

drink v? thatll pep you up for an hour or so. how tired were you if you didnt notice several red lights..?

I drink Red Bull if im feeling tired behind the wheel. Normally gets me another two hours of drive time.

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
ahh red lights... while I was driving through a GREEN, a bus ran a red. Result attached.

:rip: V8

car was paid for by insurance, but the mods cost me a cool $10k which I never got back

Attachments

• 11092007069.JPG
    11092007069.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 99
  • 24092007080.JPG
    24092007080.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 116

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i would excuse a truck with a massive load on the back for not stopping. sometimes it is safer for them to run through if the lights are a tad iffy then it is to stop.

question for the OP.. did you just get done for the red light? or speeding too? or just speeding?

Not really, I've driven fully loaded 26 metre 68 tonne doubles, you just need to be more alert. Trucks don't get given any more leeway when it comes to red lights. All drivers should be aware of what may be happening up ahead.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
being tired is no excuse for running red lights, if your to tired to see a red light u should not be driving, i work night shift and when were busy i work 13 - 14 hour nights 7 days a week (and this can go for 3 months), if im to tired to drive i call a taxi, or get a lift with someone else. its not worth risking the lives of others, if u cant see 3 or more red lights in one intersection how will u go if a child walks out on the road.
think before u get behind the wheel again, what if u fall asleep and crash headon into a car with a whole family in it and kill them all..
Matt

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
This whole thread's a crock.

I'll bet the OP just couldn't wait to get home, got impatient at some lights and then boom. Three weeks later he received a fine in the mail and thought that the law shouldn't apply to him.

Obviously he came on here expecting some sympathy and when he got the exact opposite, starting talking crap.

I used to work 80 hour weeks, with 14 hours shifts a few years ago and I NEVER ran red lights or anything like that. If I felt dog tired (which I often did), I would freshen up, grab some coffee and be on my way. I would drive hyper vigilantly and a lot easier than I normally would if I was tired. I mean left lane, 10 under the limit.

You got done for running a red, pay the fine, cop the points and don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you. I know I certainly don't.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I'm a shift worker, to a degree.

My previous job was working 12 hour shifts (try working a 7 day week of 12 hour shifts, and complain about lack of sleep then)

Not once was i ever too tired to drive. The only time i have ever needed to pull over for sleep, is when i drove to sydney. The first few hours were killing me, and i had about 4 different 30 minute stops for sleep. then did the last 8 hours in one go. As said, power naps do work.

My job now is all over the place, today i did a 4:30 am start, tomorrow i could be doing a 2:30pm start, but being casual, i have to plan sleep around what i 'think' i'll be working.

I seem to be able to work competently for a shift with minimal sleep, a few weeks ago i finished at my normal job at 11pm, and got called in to cover someone at my old job for a 5am start (12 hour shifts) and was perfectly fine without any red bull. I guess some people just react differently.

The point is the same, you shouldn't be running red lights. As with the other road rules, if your running red lights, how can you be aware of the speed your driving at? Or if your not crossing your lane about to have a head on with someone.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
Not really, I've driven fully loaded 26 metre 68 tonne doubles

Lol you constantly amaze me. :yeah: You can do anything... you're like Troy Dann.

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Status
Not open for further replies.