Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

F.S vn

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Hey guys seen a vn on the tradindpost an wanted to c wot u guys think about it dont sound too bad for the price ( HOLDEN COMMODORE S-PAK VN, 1989 model, Ex police car, 5 speed manual, 250kw chip, etc. Just spent $2,500 on accessories and motor, very little to do. Bargain at -$1000 )

bad benny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
scoop said:
Hey guys seen a vn on the tradindpost an wanted to c wot u guys think about it dont sound too bad for the price ( HOLDEN COMMODORE S-PAK VN, 1989 model, Ex police car, 5 speed manual, 250kw chip, etc. Just spent $2,500 on accessories and motor, very little to do. Bargain at -$1000 )

I wouldn't touch it with a pole. 250 kw chip says it all. Person selling it thinks your an idiot. It will have had the Sh**t thrashed out of the only part worth anything, the 5 spd. Clearly previous owner is a hoon.

If you have a good mechanical knowledge. And are prepared to fix everything yourself, you might not end up spending 5 grand on a crappy hoon VN.

But then again I paid $700 for my VN wreck with 5spd and it had some smashed panels (2 doors and front guard). So as long as 5 spd is good its not a total rip off.

Bad Benny

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
correct me if im wrong, but ex cop car's arent manual, they are all auto arent t hey? if that's true then i wouldnt go near it boss, not worth a red sent, like it was metnioned, providing the manual isnt totaly ratshit then yeah, it's worth it then, otherwise, just walk away

cheers
garth

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
1 grand vn. Ex cop car good idea ?

hey Scoop if you want a car 2 cruze around with nothing 2 fix id spend more than a grand on a vn. Vns vary $2000 - $6000+ deping on model the old vn ss group A still fetches 30grand mark, id buy one of them over a new monaro if i had the funds. Ne ways, chiped vn 4 sale would save u money, hope u got money aside for other things that you would hav 2 do. Im talking about unis,suspension, power steering, basic vn problems. Good idea 2 buy a car done will up save u money if the job is gone right. If you got receipts on the work done, mechanically check the car,drive it and compare it 2 other similar vns for perfomance,wear and tear. All cop cars are chiped so thats nothing out of the ordinary so just check over it and make sure its all smick it should be worth a grand if you got a few dollars behind u if something stuffs up. This car should be worth alot more than a grand if it has all these mods and money spent. You never know could be a bargain maybe a lemon but a grand gees thats not alot for this sorta car if you was spending $10 gs' well then you would wanna be looking over it with a microscope, Cheers SUBDUE.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Hey mate just look below and save yourself the hassle :p

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
subdue said:
All cop cars are chiped so thats nothing out of the ordinary
subdue, cop cars are NOT chipped and a 250 kw chip for a vn 5.0 is WAY out of the ordinary
the myth about the cop chip has been discussed many times before and has never been proven to be true.
Cheers Rob

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I have never seen an ex S Pack cop car also, back in the VN days they made a VN with a police package. This included, 15" rims, FE2 suspension, about it.
I have heard about the chip theory in the cop cars, I would like to know for sure if it false.
So obvousily even in today vechiles they don't chip them.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
my mate works at the QLD police depot, which he fits the cars with lights an **** not a coppe, an his dad is a mechanic on them an he says the cop cars dont have chip an are all stock standerd so dunno wot the go is there

F

fallen

See For Sale Thread

i got my vn 5 speed for sale. reco engine is new as with ported heads. im adding pics today