Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

f1 performance otrcai

vyss300kwute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series2 ute
has anyone used or had experience with one of these units, i know there is heaps out there but the cash flow is a little tight and the cash i can save will allow me to get better high flow cats..
was originally looking at a marranos one but there's over $300 bucks difference between it and the f1 performance model..
any comments will help..

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
You get what you pay for. A lot of cheaper OTRCAI's have some nasty issues like.
They dont fit properly.
Are incomplete(need rubbers to fit TB or IAT sensor)
Collapse under full throttle due to restrictions.
IMO you will get more benefit from a good quality OTRCAI than cats unless you are pushing over 300rwkw.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I paid $350 for my fibreglass OTR from CSV in Sunshine. Worked really well. Very similar to GMM's and they charge like $450-500. I'd save the money and get the cheaper one as long as it looks good quality and it's from a reputable place. Also don't get one of the dodgy ebay plastic ones.

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Whatever you do don't get a plastic one from anywhere, they flex like crazy under power and do more harm than good. Spend the extra $'s and get a Stainless Steel or alloy job.
Ring SureFlo at Ingleburn, they do their own, top quality. Don't forget it changes the responsiveness and airflow characterisics of the engine and a new mafless tune may be required.

vyss300kwute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series2 ute
cheers for the reply guys, that youtube clip is hillarious..
the sureflo and enhanced ones look awesome, but due to cashflow i think i will be purchasing the csv model..

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
cheers for the reply guys, that youtube clip is hillarious..
the sureflo and enhanced ones look awesome, but due to cashflow i think i will be purchasing the csv model..

You shouldnt have any issues with the csv fibreglass one apart from possably the fit. One I put on a mates VY seems a bit short & can be a pain to get a good seal at the TB. Apart from this it holds up well to his airflow requirements at 280+rwkw.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I'm looking into an Enhanced Performance OTRCAI.
Whats the consensus on these items?

vyss300kwute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss series2 ute
the enhanced ones look the bomb, but they are pricey, though the quality looks second to none..

thanks for the info vt1538, im pretty sure it is a monaro airbox im running at the moment with two hole mod, it seems to work ok, more about getting the intake temp down for summer, she runs like a dog in the heat.. plus its got to be better than the current setup for airflow (i hope).. though im still deciding on wether to save a bit and wait to ge better.

what one do you have?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
the enhanced ones look the bomb, but they are pricey, though the quality looks second to none..

thanks for the info vt1538, im pretty sure it is a monaro airbox im running at the moment with two hole mod, it seems to work ok, more about getting the intake temp down for summer, she runs like a dog in the heat.. plus its got to be better than the current setup for airflow (i hope).. though im still deciding on wether to save a bit and wait to ge better.

what one do you have?

I have one that I made myself a few years ago. It is similar to the old GM motorsport one that pulls air directly from the front of the radiator. I will have to pull my finger out & get a photo of it. It looks a treat polished up.:wax:
Dont get me wrong about the CSV OTRCAI. Apart from the small fitment issue it appeared to flow really well. I will test it on the dyno again in the next few months when the heads & ported 92mm fast manifold etc go on this car.