Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory (Dealer) wheel alignment out.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Im running VE SS-V 19 inch rims on my VZ, tyres are 245/35R19.

The tyres are Maxxis Victra MA-Z1, great tyre Ive been using them for years.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Luck of the draw sometimes... My ute still hasn't had an alignment & she's just clocked over 30,000kms!.

After approx 20,000kms I took it into my tyre place & they checked it over & said it was perfect... Saved me a few bucks :)

As a general rule, when you've got a new car, after approx 3,000kms, it is wise to go & have an alignment done as the settling of the suspension can throw things out of wack.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
These days many dealers just don't have the resources to do wheel alignments. They usually send the vehicle to a local service or call in a mobile wheel alignment service. having asked the dealer/salesman to arrange one before delivery was , in my opinion, a complete (an apparent) waste of time. They are not interested in such mundane matters. Basically, apart from geneal servicing and perhaps a disc rotor machined most dealers workshops just don't get it.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Ben here has no idea as per usual.

Dealership Im at and all the others Ive worked at over the years have had the latest wheel alignment setups and do just as good a job as tyre shops if not better. People are trained on how to do alignments properly.

And claiming they only do general servicing and disc skims is no less retarded.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, keep your uneducated opinions to yourself. Not only do you open yourself up for legal action from businesses you slander, but you also make yourself look like an idiot.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
My VE was out of alignment when it was delivered to me in June 2009.

The reason I say this is a week after picking it up we went south of here about 3 hours away, and the car felt nervous on the highway. It tended to wander around and would not hold a straight line.
When I got where we were going to the next morning I filled the tank and checked the tyre's.......I remember they were all around 36PSI..........No problem there. The car still felt very nervous on the way home a week later.

Two weeks later I booked it into the dealer for it's first service and told the guy who served me. There were no other issues I told him.
Picked the car up in the afternoon and was told the front end was out and it had been rectified. The car felt fine after that.

When the car got close to 10,000kms I noticed the near side rear tyre was more worn than any others on the car, so I took it to my close by Bridgestone tyre shop as it had 18in Potenza's on it, and ask for a full alignment front and rear.......I was given the readout after it was done and the front was okay but the rear was way out, hence the scrubbing on the rear.

I would suggest the rear was out as was the front from the factory and the dealer did not align the rear but only the front at the first service.

The car is now just on 4 years old with 22,000 kms on it, and last month I purchased two new Falken ZE912 tyres from Uncle Bob, had them go onto the front and the Potenza's from the front go to the rear........Had a full front and rear alignment, with the readouts supplied, so would expect tyres now to last a little longer.

My suggestion is for a few dollars, take your new vehicle for a proper alignment to someone you trust, if you want maximum life out of the expensive tyres on it.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Or ask the dealer to do front and rear alignment and ask for before and after printout.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Or ask the dealer to do front and rear alignment and ask for before and after printout.

Yes, a very good idea RiCeY.

And by the way, if I may say so, I respect your opinions on this fine forum as without doubt you are one of the most sensible and knowledgeable ones here. Thank you.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Thank you for the kind words sir.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Unlikely, can't speak for wife though. We are both careful driver, I'm sure she would have told me... wouldn't she?

Yep, that confirms it, she hit a gutter. That's why I don't let anyone drive my car, my girlfriend can catch a bus before that happens

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I remember when I got my first new car, 98 VT SS in Burmuda. I loved that car. Anyway Mrs wanted to go to shops and I cbf driving so I said take the car and be careful. She was like no Im scared Ill scratch it. Youll be fine I said.

I listen as she reverses out the carport and drives away gently.

I listen as she returns and starts pulling into the driveway.

I listen as the left rear quarter contacts the wall.

I listen as it scrapes along the panel.

I walk out and she is standing out of the car in tears looking scared. Ive never hit a woman and I wasnt going to start then so I calmly got in the car and reversed out, scraping along the car again and went for a long drive.

She never drove the car again.

Fast forward 15 years and the VT is now a VZ. Still value the car as much as I did back then, still have the same woman and she drives it whenever she wants.

There comes a time when you mature and see things in a different light. Cars can be repaired and it isnt the end of the world when they are damaged. If you cant trust the love of your life with a lump of metal then somethings wrong.