Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory fitted roof mounted DVD player screen not adjusting properly.

TOMCAT85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV -Redline, Herron White.
My roof mounted dvd player screen has just started swinging when its open, im assuming a clip or something has broken or become loose.
Was working fine until a few weeks ago, it was a really hot day and the car had been sitting, when i opened the screen it just swung, and
i also noticed the plastic edging along towards the DVD insert part had come out of the roof and needed to be pushed back in.
Has anyone had to fix the swinging issue with theirs?

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Hey Tom,

I had the same issue in my last VE. The video screen has a very weak plastic hinge system that breaks. If you have all the little pieces that have broken off you could glue them back together, to be honest - its not worth the effort. Potentially you will do more harm just trying to get the pieces apart.

I ended up replacing the entire DVD set-up in the end because of what started as that same small issue. You can just wedge some cardboard or other material between the roof and screen for a back yard fix and to stop it swinging. You would need to replace the front plastic surround of the screen to fix it properly.

TOMCAT85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV -Redline, Herron White.
Yeah i figured it was something like that, backyard fix i reckon will have to do for now, not worth any effort really lol