Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory Servicing

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
So as per my post earlier in What did you do to your car today I found that the oil wasn’t changed.
IMG_3067.jpeg
IMG_3066.jpeg

Now even if not all the oil came out and it was diluted it would not look like that. I’ve never seen new oil look like that after 3 days. Not in any car.

It wasn’t changed. That is a brand new engine with 13000. It’s first “service”. That amounts to an oil change.
I could do that in 30mins with a cup of tea.

So of course I’ll have a chat with the service manager about that oil. Failing that, I’ll contact Hyundai Australia to ask for clarification.

So I just went out to the car to check the camera. It was driven around the suburb. Not sure why. It did a loop.

As expected the camera was disconnected when they parked in the service bay. That’s fine. It’s common practice. However they never reconnected it meaning if the car was involved in an accident we have nothing.

Open to some advice on this.
I can’t take the car to them tomorrow because we need it for taking the young bloke to the hospital. So I’ll just have these photos.

IMG_3070.jpeg

The service reminder has also not been reset.

So I go through things to find out what each service entails. Nothing anywhere.

If anyone can find what the services are, let me know. All I found was propaganda relating to how good their servicing is. Not what it is.

So I find a link to workshop manuals on Hyundai Australia.
That will have the list of service requirements at each service.
I get this:
https://aasra.com.au/

I’d expect, as the owner, that I could access what is required to be done at each service. No. No I can’t.

Let’s also point out that after the rear panels were replaced in the boot, the sill panel contacted the the latch on the tail gate. So they were all a bit out. This has scratched the two panels. So to prove the fault I used pink liquid chalk on one part. Closed the tailgate and opened it and there’s the liquid chalk on the tailgate latch. So contact is being made.

They adjusted the rubber bump stops and said it was fixed. It’s not. That doesn’t change the height of the tail gate.

Now you guys know I’m extremely capable of fixing this myself to a better standard than they can, as evidenced to this point. I can’t access factory manuals for the car, can I. I’m incompetent as someone who does not work for Hyundai. Hmm. I’d have actually changed the oil, and changed it quicker.

I also can not find any information about oil filters for it.
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Turbo Diesel if anyone can get a reference. I’d feel much better changing the oil myself in between services. I did find reference to it being a taller version of the Alloytec oil filter.

I found one place under the air filter that might be the filter housing. That air filter assembly and associated parts have not been touched because the dust and screws, hose clamps haven’t been touched. Not unless they used tongs.

There is an oil access panel underneath. Some scrivets off and the maybe drain plug looked untouched. It could also have been the filter housing. Therefore the filter housing is also the drain point.

Attachments

• IMG_3067.jpeg
    IMG_3067.jpeg
    615.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3066.jpeg
    IMG_3066.jpeg
    614.5 KB · Views: 76

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I note that one of the service guys had a nice VX ute. If you read this, I hope you and your mates are not doing the dirty to a fellow Commodore owner.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if thats a diesel engine then yep it can go black super fast, my boss was thinking the same thing on his new triton at dealer services so he went to local mechanic we know and got oil changed and checked it as soon as he got it back and yep already black

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Personally, I think 13,000km is too far for a diesel engine.
If you can work out how to do it yourself, change it more often, as it does go black and runny quickly.

My son's partner has a V6 Amarok. Just after they bought it, second hand, she said it needed an oil change, and I volunteered to do it. Stupid me.
The oil was black as molasses, and well down on the dipstick.
I couldn't find the sump plug amongst the maze of pipes and bolts under the 4WD bash plates and gizmos, and the filter is a cartridge somewhere 'on the hot side of the engine' according to the manual. Very informative. Nothing looked like a filter cartridge, and what is the hot side of a V6 ?
After giving up searching, we poured about 2 litres of diesel oiI into it, and they decided to take it to a VW dealer.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If it were me, I'd be taking it back, even if it is in a few days time....It's not like you're doing an interstate trip tomorrow....Getting charged for a service and it not being done is wrong

FWIW....I know a tyre supplier warehouse manager, that had a Hyundai company car, through custom fleet..It was serviced through Mycar branches and still kept the factory warranty in tact....IMA, he no longer has that car as a company car, due to their mileage/year change over....So there is another option for you

If you are friendly with your local spare parts joint, maybe they could show you a diagram of where the engine oil filter is located, for your personal reference?

Best of luck with it all