Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Factory Servicing

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
Just for a reference @Fu Manchu , just took a pic of my ‘21 HiLux with almost 40k in it. Just had a service about 500k’s ago.

1680604326274.jpeg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A while back there was someone talking about some sort of aftermarket oil filtration system, full flow, bypass flow filtration? I can't remember what it was called exactly but in a nut shell it's a externally fitted system that filters the oil 100% and probably does a much better job that the mediocre sized OEM filters most cars come with these days.

I remember many years ago I was using Pennzoil and it used to go dirty quiet quickly compared to others and a wise mechanic said the Pennzoil gets dirty faster because it's doing a better job of cleaning it from inside the crankcase.

Diesels do produce more soot, it also gets into the intake and gums up the intake system so they do benefit more from having crankcase breather filtration systems as well.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
However I can’t do those because it voids the warranty. It’s like everything voids the warranty. Driving it; voids the warranty. Looking at it; voids the warranty.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahhh, the joys of owning new cars!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A while back there was someone talking about some sort of aftermarket oil filtration system, full flow, bypass flow filtration? I can't remember what it was called exactly but in a nut shell it's a externally fitted system that filters the oil 100% and probably does a much better job that the mediocre sized OEM filters most cars come with these days.

I remember many years ago I was using Pennzoil and it used to go dirty quiet quickly compared to others and a wise mechanic said the Pennzoil gets dirty faster because it's doing a better job of cleaning it from inside the crankcase.

Diesels do produce more soot, it also gets into the intake and gums up the intake system so they do benefit more from having crankcase breather filtration systems as well.
Here’s one sales blurb on the benefits of better oil filtration.

Some diesels suffer more soot because of poor ERG design. But we need ERG to control/remove some nasty pollutants from our diesel tail pipes though sooting of these valves is common.. Its just a amaintenance thing that needs to be done..

So some people often block the EGR valve thinking it helps to increase performance but it also increases nasty pollutants… I haven’t heard of crankcase breather filtration systems in modern sealed engines as they can’t be open to atmosphere. So if you mean a filter open to the atmosphere, then that’s highly illegal and just pollutes our air.… Diesels are indeed dirty things so let’s not encourage more pollution by encouraging coal rolling :p

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm talking about the enclosed catch can style to suit diesels.

I'd never suggest venting to atmo.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I'm talking about the enclosed catch can style to suit diesels.

I'd never suggest venting to atmo.
yeah, wasn’t sure what you meant which is why I put a conditional ‘if’ in my reply (edited to now be in bold) :p