Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fair or unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommVTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S pack
I think its bullshit. If you only had your hand/arm slightly out of the window then what the officer did is unfair. Bit different if you were sticking it right out and being stupid. I have seen police driving with their arms on the window ledge who have their hand on the outside of the door.
Police should be focusing on more serious issues, which actually affect other road users.

I'm with you on this deanb123, unfair.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
haha thats true. isnt turning right sticking your arm all the way out?

49. How to give a right change of direction signal
(1) The driver of a vehicle must give a right change of direction signal by
operating the vehicle’s right direction indicator lights.
(2) However, if the vehicle’s direction indicator lights are not in working order or
are not clearly visible, or the vehicle is not fitted with direction indicator lights,
the driver must give the change of direction signal by giving a hand signal in
accordance with rule 50, or using a mechanical signalling device fitted to the
vehicle.
Note Mechanical signalling device is defined in the dictionary.

50. How to give a right change of direction signal by giving a hand signal
To give a hand signal for changing direction to the right, the driver must
extend the right arm and hand horizontally and at right angles from the right
side of the vehicle, with the hand open and the palm facing the direction of
travel.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
I think its bullshit. If you only had your hand/arm slightly out of the window then what the officer did is unfair. Bit different if you were sticking it right out and being stupid. I have seen police driving with their arms on the window ledge who have their hand on the outside of the door.
Police should be focusing on more serious issues, which actually affect other road users.

I'm with you on this deanb123, unfair.

yeh so have i, cops always have there arms out the window or on the window ledge. hippacrits... guess thats why there called p-p-p-p....g

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
You could PM vic cop on the forums..And see his view on it?

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
hm good idea..might do that cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Everyone always has a cry when they get caught doing something wrong. Ignorance or thinking it is minor is no excuse.

You did the wrong thing, you were caught and fined. It doesn't matter what you think. If you were fined for making a turn signal, then you could complain.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Dean to be honest I think it is a load of ****. Fair enough if it is a law but that sort of thing does not warrant a demerit point fine. it's absolute rubbish....If it was me mate, I would fight it, both with letters, to court, to a current affair and all that. I'm sick of this useless bullshit laws that are dominating our country.

#@$(*&@#$(*@#&

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
You could write a letter in the hope it may be overturned but usually you have to fill out a section on the fine itself stating that you wish to challenge the fine in a magistrates court. If you lose you will have to pay court costs etc. If you win they pay your costs and the fine is overturned. Do you have any witnesses to state that your arm was only very partially out the window? A very hot day could certainly contribute to mitigating circumstances i.e justification as to why you had your hand out the window. I would advise against mentioning the lack of roof lining as that could be perceived as a defect - just say that your car does not have air con. I seems as though the copper was particularly harsh on this occasion.

Best of luck.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Everyone always has a cry when they get caught doing something wrong. Ignorance or thinking it is minor is no excuse.

You did the wrong thing, you were caught and fined. It doesn't matter what you think. If you were fined for making a turn signal, then you could complain.

Have to agree here, everyone breaks how many laws everyday, we don't praise how lucky we have been, the second we get pinged for one fine, the whinging starts.

I always look out how many times i haven't been caught for something as opposed to how many times I have. Its very safe to say he times i haven't been caught far outweigh the times i have.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL GTS
The fine for limb protruding from a vehicle I understand.
But careless driving? Thats a bit extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.