Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

falken 452 still all the rage?

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Hey guys. Going to head out tomorrow to tempe and get some new tyres. My rears are down to the wire :rofl2::rofl2:

Is the falken 452's still all the hype like I see on most threads about VE tyres...

I have stock bridgestone re50a's on all fours. My fronts have heaps of life left, It's just my rears that need replacing. They went through 50,000kms so I'm happy with that. But they are way too expensive at $550 each (redline ute)

Its ethier the kumho k31s or the falken 452s

Tyre size is 245/40/19

Some replys would be good before tomorrow :)
Cheers guys

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes ku31s will do same k's and bugger all different, don't get sold on ku39s - more expensive and wore out in three months on me.
I currently have ku19s on front as ku31s out of stock and they are quieter, handle same and better wearing than the other two.
But I need another rear pair and have been sold on 255/40-19 Sumitomo HTR ZIII for same price!! Check them out, unbelievable deals around $250ea atm.
Also looked at 452s but old stock, the new version is 722 but jury is polarised whether better or worse.

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
At the moment I can get the kuhmo ectsa for 160 each. Good price ? Alot of friends rate them on there wrx's.. evos for the price!. I had them on my old tonner.. not that great in the wet but although I had no rear end. Leaf springs and and a ls1 in it.. So i can't comment on any tyre really lol

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
What tyre spec / what vehicle right now though?
Ku19 245/40-19 for $185 fitted balanced and slap-tarred with a black brush... Tempe. Your car may need 98 load rating?

Last edited:

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
I'm ordering in some kumho ku31 for $250 fitted each (275 35 19), is that a good price?

They come highly recommended from other forums

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I'm ordering in some kumho ku31 for $250 fitted each (275 35 19), is that a good price?

They come highly recommended from other forums

Yes sounds good to me! Where?
I need a pair, currently driving Gold Coast / Byron heading Sydney but need before Canberra!

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Yes sounds good to me! Where?
I need a pair, currently driving Gold Coast / Byron heading Sydney but need before Canberra!
From the tyre factory in Melbourne, they are getting a new delivery on thursday

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I have 452s on mine and find them good with no issues.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I have 452s on mine and find them good with no issues.

Yeah, I'm keen to try them too but they are all run out, only the newer 722 for about six months.
Where and when did you get them?

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
I have Falken 453's and if I had my time again I would go the KU39's. There is a guy who tracks his car and buys tyres pretty regularly. He recommends the KU39's over the falkens and his previous KU31's (which are noisy) tyres.