Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Family Wagon

S

SSmithy

Not the sort of title you often see these forums huh??

Have just registered and have been scouring the site looking for info.

My current ride is a VX SS, and I am currently looking for a VY wagon. My wife and I are expecting a baby in March 05, and with the way petrol is going it makes sense to look at something a bit more practical!! I am aware that this statement is going to result in a lot of ridicule, so go easy on the newbie.

My current idea is to buy either a VY exec, acclaim, berlina wagon and put a SS wagon kit on it. Does anyone have any suggestions as what the differences are between these models and what the best way to go is. Would be great if I could see some photos of your exec with a ss kit if possible. Budget is going to be around 20,000 plus kit. Will be hoping to sell the ss for around the $27,000 mark, as it only has 60,000 km's and has had the vy engine update, 15,000 km's ago due to oil consumption.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Also if someone could suggest good place to purchase above mentioned car in Melbourne. Thanks heaps guys.

VY2ENJOY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Family Truckster
Are you planning on getting another Gen III if so you can only get wagon's with V8's in berlina or SS so that will bump the price up and you can buy a lot of fuel for the extra 10k it would cost you to upgrade, I have a Berlina VY and love it, got most of the bells and whistles in it, with leather seats, climate control etc and it has heaps of room for the dogs and all the wifes crap!!, I can post a pic if you want but it doesn't have a sports kit on it, actuall nothing have been done to the exterior except a wheel upgrade.

Dowling_s

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VY2 SS
I know its in Adelaide but i would contact Jason from SVE and he might be able to point you in the right direction. On the website he has pics of the wagon with kit and i have seen it in person and its tough.

www.sve.com.au

Scotty