Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fans not coming on and noise from supercharger

rick_james

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hi everyone....i understand there probably is a thread for this but i couldnt seem to find anythin looking quickly and the link in the common faults thread wont open for me

But i have recently bought a vt s pac l67.....has needed minor work done to it latest one being thermostat....have replace thermostat and vleed the system....but im almost certain i havnt hear the fans come on once.....is there a way to test this.....i just had it running for 10 mins and temp got to a third on the gauge....sound right??

Also there is a slight rattle? Not sure if thats the best word to describe it coming from the snout of the super charger but this is only happening on idle...but is fine under load or holding revs....anyone got any ideas??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

rick_james

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The noise will be the supercharger coupling. The coupling will need to be replaced

Any more info....havent owned a supercharged car before

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
1/3 is pretty spot on, use the mode button and up button and get the temp readings on the LCD display. ur fans should definitely come on after 104* if it keeps rising then u can investigate further.

If u have aircon gas in ur system turn the A/c on and ur fans should run that's one way to see if the actual fans are working.

dirty hands

Reaction score
Members Ride
magna
andyl67 you are doing ok so far

you are in the right place for guys to help you

hope you like the car a lot
get yourself a repair manual

before its running sweet as it should
be prepared to put more money into the vt s pac l67.