Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fast blinker light

justintravers84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive got a 1996 toyota lexcen which is similar to the vs so im asking in here for help.
my car was In a small accident hardly any damage just broken front left hand turn indicator next to main lights and under the bumper on the same side.
I checked the bulbs and they where both blow so I replaced them but they still wont work and I have no idea y.
Please anyone help.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
possibly a broken wire or damaged globe socket.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
There are a few checks you can do. First, are you sure the new globes are in working order? Check them by using a short earth lead from the negative battery terminal to the outside of the globe base, then touch the lead contact on the globe to the positive terminal of the battery.

If the globes are fine, the contacts inside the light socket are either damaged or corroded. It's possible for the globe to fit inside its socket properly but not make contact with the positive contact in the socket, or for the earth contacts to be corroded. Try cleaning up both contacts in the light socket and try again.

If still no joy, check to see if the wiring from the light socket is damaged behind the light fitting.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
make sure youre using the correct globe. there are a few that look similar but are in fact different.

i.e.
dual filament:
bulb7225.jpg

single filament:
481770092.jpg

ideally the single and dual are not interchangable as the poles on the sides are staggered, however it is possible to force the wrong bulbs in.