Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Faster Acceleration

V

vl berlina

hey i currently own a stock vl berlina and was wondering wot is the best and fastest way to get faster acceleration with out turboing and changing the diff is??
cheers

FullySik

Reaction score
Advance the timing and run the car on a fuel with a 98 octane reading like BP Ultimate. You can also move the camshaft one tooth forward to have more power down low than high but this will need the bass plate or something of the distributor to be cut so that enough timing can be achieved. Personaly just advance the timing and run the car on BP ULtimate or something similar, you will notice the difference.

G

Grantis1976

see my reply in regaurds to cold air intakes for VL's - 3 inch pipe, drill, hacksaw, K&N filter, and a change of undies!!!

T

troy5.7

The best thing to do is put 4.11 in the diff it makes a big difference generally the rb30e is not bad on a roller but off the line they are a little dead so the shorter gears make a big difference. my mate put extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust, 4 inch cold air, advanced the timing, took the mesh out of the air flow meter and ran bp ultimate. it would just beat a vn v6 stock but after the diff gears he kills them. the diff gears made a bigger difference then all the other mods put together

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Anyone done an LSD conversion on a VL? Im told you can stick the final drive off a VS or VT on, also giving you disc's on the rears.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
You can use anything from an IRS rear As VL's have live axle.

The best and most cost effective way is to source a 28spline VLT diff, these are disc to disc and have 3.45's factory standard. Finding them in LSD is quite rare but once you have the 28 spline axle's coverting to LSD isnt a great deal or just go with a mini spool

Jake.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
SUPERCHARGE

haha, well it will improve acceleration, my n/a has a few flat spots on its way up to red line. If my contacts at the dyno are still there in a few weeks time I'll go back with some mods - Maybe timing advanced a small bit and CAI.