Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fault code descriptions

TONNER_JEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
hi all,
just got back from mechanics who put a scantool on my 04 vz,came up with codes -

(u0121 - no can bus com with abs/tc/esp/cc

(u0415 - invalid can bus data from abs/tc/esp

searching for a description of these codes seems to be a hassle in its self,so hence this question-
does anyone know of a good link to a code "list" and more importantly the description of each code.

i became a member of carmodder as they have some on there but seemingly limited results,

dont want to replace e.c.u or t.c.m unless completly sure they have failed , why would one just fail ,should be a reason ?

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Did the reset the codes and then retry the scan? They may have just been old history logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TONNER_JEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
no cleared history first then re did it and these were still there and cleared again .
they went away but who knows when theyll come back
drove home about 20k's and nothing yet
but want to know the code definition to help diagnose

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Sometimes a faulty abs sensor can cause them. And people have had them be raised after doing a small skid from the differance in wheel speed between front and rear. Do you have any probs like traction control or abs not working? And or cruise control? Search up Holden fault codes through the forum if you haven't already. I have the full list but that's on my laptop at home sorry.

TONNER_JEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
cool,no traction control on the 1tonner just the power button for the auto,no never had any issue till this,read about abs sensor faults on here but nothing solid on what these particular codes mean,
the speedo would stop working and it would say it was in park and go into limp mode when the alarms check powertrain and service vehicle soon went off,thats why i originaly took it in.

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Ok. Well my knowledge on the ls1 up PCM trouble codes are vague as I mainly deal with 304/355 pcms. But it's sounds as though the Bcm is sending a message to traction control, esp, abs, and cruise control modules and the reply back to the Bcm stating there condition is not what the Bcm wants to see. I'm sure there all on the same coms bus line so any one could be throwing the fault but because there on the same coms they'll all come back. Are you sure you haven't accidentally bumped a wire etc?

TONNER_JEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
Yeah I thought they all were,I will have a look I could have,connected a dual battery system & spot lights but havn't really been fiddling around

That was months ago too

TONNER_JEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
Ok.!! Quick update to think about..

Ordered coils & plugs & got a service pack for it,got the battery & alternator tested and battery failed quickly on a load test so bought a new one,heavier 600 cca.

Replaced all of these,filled with penrite 10w-40 , topped coolant & transmission fluid, power steer & brake fluid.

Cleaned intake inlet & butterfly,wiped oil residue from intake pipe,(which I thought shouldn't be in there & strange that it was).

Turn on
clear svs & chk ptrn alarm with arrows.
Start & let run.
Go to drive & still in limp mode,
Reverse back into carport & turn off.
Try again & no alarm
Go for a run up the road & back & still no alarm.

New coils made a massive change to to the smoother performance

Just have to see if the alarms come on again,
Will go for a run in the morning & let you know..

TONNER_JEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
yma2ate9.jpg

Ready to replace....

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
When these codes get logged, you need your mechanic to to an ecm presence check to see which ecu the scan tool can't communicate with. From there you will see which one is the problem and replace accordingly. I know that's the steps I took when I got weird can bus error code and the engine ecu was shot

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk