Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

faulty floor mats for SS

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi folks

anyone else had a bad run with the SS carpet mat on the drivers side?

Mine started falling apart after 5000km.... the heel strips started cracking along the edge where they are vulcanised to the carpet.

No biggy... dealer replaced the full set.... but I wonder if these will fall apart too? Still.... A bloke like me shouldn't be driving in high heels anyway! hehehe!.... think I'll start driving completely naked instead!

Funny thing is... my wife's 2000 TD5 Discovery has a set of carpet mats, without any heel pad at all... and after 140,000km... they are still excellent... the pile is a bit flattened under heel... but thats all.

My last car was a Mazda6 luxury sport.... I had 2 sets fall apart on that.... so I went to a motor trimmer and had him make a custom drivers mat out of the best carpet he could buy... best $35 I've ver spent!

Anyway... I'll be interested to see what others have experienced.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Funny you say that... Same thing happened to my uncles's SSV last year as well. Lazy bugger didn't bother to replace it and now probably is in pieces LOL...

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
mine appear to be mostly ok .. apart from the 5 th ridge closest to the seat.. the stitching has started to come undone a little bit ..done 15000 so far .. how much is a new set anyway ?
have you got the sat nav in yours ..any idea how much it costs also ?

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
1000 km now .... And didn't use them yet :whistling

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Yeah I'm pretty sure its a common thing. My dad is on his 3rd set of SS mats. He's done about 10,000kms. The black strips keep cracking/coming off. He just goes back to the dealer and they give him a brand new set every time. Like I said this is his third set he's on and I don't think it will be the last! He's not rough on them either they just aren't made very well! I've got the standard floor mats in mine and they seem to be lasting pretty good no complaints.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I picked up a set of $10 rubber mats from Supercheap Auto to put over the carpet mats for the weekly commute.

I was very tempted to buy a set of VE mats that they had there.... around the $40 mark..... had the factory clip holes on them and everything.

Best part was, that the heal pad was in a heavy-duty fabric that looked like compressed felt.

A lot cheaper that the $120 for the origional set!

Unfortunately, they only make them in black..... and I LOVE the factory redhot mats with the SS decal. It finishes off the redhot trim perfectly.

Oh well.... I can live witht he rubber under foot during the week.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
i have red hot ve ss mats in my vn 1991 ss not a problem will look out for drama tho.