Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FE2 or Super Lows?

vs_dumped

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
$650 for superlows is a rip off. i got my king springs for trade price at $200 for a set but even still $650 is way off the mark. i got my whiteline panhard rod off ebay for $90 and fitted the new shocks springs etc. myself. if you are mechanically minded i would recommend having a go at it yourself as it is only time consuming and requires basic tools...:) beware if you plan to get superlows on a VS i will just let you know that the rear doesnt sit very low compared to the front.
i think ill get ultru lows for the back...

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
$650? f#ck..

Just got quoted $1345 for springs, shocks, panhard rod, all fitted and aligned...

I'll be shopping around.

Yeh i f*&%.. wish it cost $650, just got quoted $1200 for springs,shocks, all fitted and aligned too (at pedders). Fulcrum want even more they are askin $1400

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
I found that fe2 give you a softer ride but tend to bottom when someones in the back seat. Superlows are less progressive and tend to give a harder ride but dont bottom in the above situation.
However a softer rear = understeer ...harder = oversteer...understeer is more desireable as you back off and it comes back to you has to be a balance between springs and sway bars and desired ride quality.

Hi markovr,

Can you confirm if FE2 drops 30mm whilst Kings lows drop 25mm.

I think I might go with FE2. Any lower and my misses will scape it out.

Cheers
Struggo

BnSuter

Meow Meow F**kin' wow
Reaction score
Victoria, I'm from the country an I like it that w
Members Ride
VS S2 S pack ute
I cut my springs in my ute, All i did was replace the nelon blocks the spring sites in and put pedders gas comfort lowing shockers, haven't had any problems with it. It takes awhile to work out how low you want it lucky enough a mate of mine had a set of king spring super lows laying around so i just worked out half way between the super lows and stock.