Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Few funny ones....

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeh it's not got a remote... I had to use the inside locks to lock the doors so I could leave it... but I can't open it again :S

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
right, now im confused...so you've locked the doors from the inside, closed the door and now the key wont open it?

i dont no how many cars are like this but my parents patrol (no remote locking), the drivers door cannot be locked while the door is open, but when the door is closed while you are in the car you can lock it, and also when you hop out and close the door, it can be locked with the key

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Doors were shut when i was tryin the keys...

I closed all the doors... put the key in and tried to lock it.... no go... stuffed around for 5 mins or so also checking the manual and it just said "insert key and turn"...

So i was able to use the locks on the inside to lock the doors (you know, push down the tabs, hold the door handle open when you shut it).. but I can't open it again now...

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Geniuses...

There's two sets of keys for it... one for inside and one for outside (i presume the last owner changed the door locks).... they gave me the wrong set of keys for the outside..

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
nice. My mate has the RS version (don't know much about it). It's turbo though, Turbo wagon = cool :)

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yaaa.. I was gonna go the waghoon but the one i had an eye on was manual...

But... I'm a fairly large guy (ok a giant).. and a cramped clutch in a smallish car didn't really work... sit ok atm but will be getting the seat rails moved anyway...

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
did u try both keys? my parents old camry had 2 sets of keys for security reasons (both performed different tasks)

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeh but they gave me the wrong 2nd set (for the doors)... but they came into town and dropped them off... we went and made sure they worked and all is good now... I can get home now :p

Didn't think to check them at the dealer,, the one for the engine worked, thought the others were just spares at the time...

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
haha yeh, good 2 hear u got it sorted out anyway

so now just enjoy your new vehicle