Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

few little problems

P

petesvns

Hi all i got a late 91 VN S pac series 1 ( july if i remember correctly not to sure) and over the months has got a few little problems
prob 1: power steering gets real hard into corners fellas at the auto shop say there no problem the pump is brand new as well as the power steering rack and yes i even though of tyre presure but nuttin wrong there and ideas????

prob 2: just had me tranny rebuilt with a 2500 stall put in now everytime i i reverse outta me drive way i put it in drive ( or 1st on the auto depends if im givin her a squirt or not lol) and it sounds like its gone into gear its only when i accelarate is goes into gear and almost gives ya whip lash now iv pissed off that 2 piece tail shaft and modded an ( dare i say it lol ) XE falcon tail shaft and have just rebuilt the diff so y the heck is it doing this the auto shop said they cant find a problem with it any ideas ??

prob 3: ok i know its normal for a car to run kinda cool on the highway but mine doesnt even go over one notch on the dial it will only just go over the notch when im goin through the city not even enough to to set off the thermo is this good or bad????

Prob 4 & 5: now i have FE2 suspension on the vn it has only just started to make a knocking noise on the drivers side frount shockie when i come outta a decent bump and ideas and its not my shockie or and of my bars the other is fuel consuption ok i heard that vns arnt that hungy on fuel well mines takin it to the extreams i have a 45 litre modded tank ( to fit the twin system 2 1/2 one each side in) i recently drove from marybourgh Qld to brissy and if anyones knows its about a 2 1/2 hours drive bout 280ks its barely chewed though quater of a tank any ideas??? is this goos or what??

i know im soundin like im naggin but im sick of takin it to the mechancs and them says its fine so any help would be great thanks

P

pathfinderus maximus

thought that was the whole point of a high stall - doesnt give drive to a certain number of revs is reached....

P

petesvns

thats true but it actually doesnt go into gear and doesnt go into 3rd either

P

petesvns

by that i mean you could put ya foot on the accelarater and hammer into the ground and it still wont get anywhere then about 40secs later it goes but after its warm it goes back to normal again