Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fibreglass bodykits off ebay

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Body kits are hit and miss at the best of times. Be prepared to do significants amount of work to improve the fit. I bought a Torana kit from Spoilertek a few years ago and found the quality generally good however some of the pieces required a bit of work getting them to look exactly right where the join to the body went. There have been some kits from other manufacturers which have been best described as atrocious and almost bin material from the start. These tend to be the "made up" kits - ie vy grafted onto a VR etc.

Reaper

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
i bought a vx gto kit for my ss 5 years ago from spoilertek and it fitted up perfectly. nice body lines . took abit of preping. the main thing is to get it fitted by a good body shop and get a good paint job on it. LOOK AFTER IT. dont scrap or hit anything with it. fiberglas is unforgiving. once it cracks the paint . its all over it will just spread. Dont worry about the nartzi they would not have a clue mate. just dont buy cheap ****. ebay does have some good products if you look hard enough.

Dan24

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY SS
can anyone recommend a good body shop in melbourne to fit? and do they do the prepping or do i have to do that?

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
better off letting a body shop prep, paint and fit it all mate.