Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

filled up at BP now running crap

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
filled up me VN at a BP servo got a little confused as there was 3 types of unleaded so i used regular unleaded 91 octain car felt a little rough about 15mins drive along high way than about 45mins later the car started to jerk it would only jerk when i was steady on the throttle going up hills the car would run fine going down hills the car would gently rock back and forth like the motor was cutting out than back in etc so i finally got home and stopped at a few light the car would bairly rev it was really rough when i could get it to rev it was splattering alot but once the car got moving it was ok this problem happens both in gear and in netural weird thing is the car never stalled
anyone know what is wrong? i just got the car registered today to and have owned it for over 6 years :cry:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
My car does that with different fuel company's it's nuts.
This car used to run on what ever the old owner was close too. But since i have got it it runs on Caltex as BP ran sick Shell real crap Caltex seems to like it so i stay with it. 91-98 oct all good.

Gazza any-chance you changed something in the past week? Fuel reg oxygen sensor?

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
sounds like water in the fuel
siphen some fuel off the bottom of the tank and check

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
i run my vr 5.0.ss on bp 98 only and it makes more power then the 91 crap thats out there. when i first put the 98 in car did run a bit rough for a time but was told to take batt out and let sit for an hour so computer resets itself. did this and no problems now runs like a dream,would not go back any other fuel now as this make my ride run heaps better...

Attachments

• dino-pics-375.jpg
    dino-pics-375.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 216

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Funny story i filled with 98oct about 8 weeks ago ran it thought then went back to 91oct i got a boost in performance when i went back to 91oct:p.
It maybe cleaned everything out good idea once a month.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Actually, normally when running 98RON fuel the ECU advances the timing a little bit, and you do get a bit of a boost in power. Upon switching back to the 91RON fuel, and while the computer is still running the advanced timing, you end up with more power again for some reason. Over time though the computer eases the timing back to where it was.

Don't get me wrong it does clean things out, but the advance in timing has a fair bit to do with it too.

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Yeah i try and do the whole 1 month of consistent BP Ulimate and then the normal unleaded.. For a few months, then go again with Ulimate..

Now that petrol has dropped much lower, and you can get Ulimated for $1.25 - $1.30 I try and fill up for much longer and stay on Ultimate :)
I dont really notice the gain at all, but eh i just threw the exaust on yesterday so ill see how she goes once i really get the car sucking down Pure Ultimate :D

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
I've found that running a good 98RON fuel is cheaper than using 91RON when worked out in cents per kilometer driven. Sure, cents per litre is a bit higher, but I've found that in my car running Optimax (now known as V-Power) I go further per L of fuel used, enough to make a saving anyway.