Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Finally a story about a good dad

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
heck when we were kids growing up if we played up we would usually get the wooden spoon to the back of the legs.....sometimes even a whack with the belt across the legs....it taught us not to play up. we even used to get our mouths washed out with soap if we swore.

This sort of treatment is what I am referring to when I say rights have been revoked. When I was growing up, that was the norm for parents at times as part of the discipline process. I have been smacked as a child in the supermarket for throwing a tanty with no one around batting an eyelid, in fact it was those kids who played up and didn't get smacked that got eyes rolling towards the parent.

Smack a kid these days and you had better hope to hell no one saw you, as you might find yourself answering to the police.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
letting your kid walk home in the NT alone at dark........ wow... what a ****.

Thats asking for **** right there... im all for punishment and jazz but thats a really REALLY bad idea.

But hey, its all good now till something happens and then everyone will all be like "omg, what a heartless dad, the poor kid got hurt... blah blah blah"

god, he'd be better off smacking the kid in the face a few times over this... no wonder he's crying, he's gonna get kidnapped!

fail.

aZk.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco

Thats asking for **** right there... im all for punishment and jazz but thats a really REALLY bad idea.

But hey, its all good now till something happens and then everyone will all be like "omg, what a heartless dad, the poor kid got hurt... blah blah blah"

god, he'd be better off smacking the kid in the face a few times over this... no wonder he's crying, he's gonna get kidnapped!

fail.

aZk.

The father goes with him.

fail.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

fail.

aZk.

Damned if you do.... damned if you don't

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
The father goes with him? So 2.5 hrs there, 2.5 hrs back. If it's twice a day, the old man spends 10hrs a day going walkabout!

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
The father goes with him? So 2.5 hrs there, 2.5 hrs back. If it's twice a day, the old man spends 10hrs a day going walkabout!

Or does the old man drive in the car behind? 2.5 hours one way, 5 mins back...:p

Okay after reading the story, he was only made to walk to school, not home as well.... that's next apparently....

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Good on him i say, nothing wrong with a different approach like that.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec

fail.

aZk.

oh, so your saying it is best to TALK to the kid in an open manner to understand WHY he is behaving badly, and then conduct a counselling course with medication? c'mon... the evidence is there, quick action at an early age means a civilised person, you let it go and try other failed methods, the kid will grow up like all the other d***heads out there. Just another beurocratic law to further strengthen the 'tippie toed approach' to parenting

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6

isnt that what they do anyway...is just go walk about.

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Let the kid learn the hard way. I used to cop it if I was out of line, why should the little peckerheads of todays generation get away with blue murder and get off lightly? You know what's gunna happen? We're gunna have a whole generation of knobs who they think they own the world and can do what they want and get away with it.

I grew up in one of South Western Sydney's housing commission enclaves where violence, crime and drug use was, and still is rife. I had every oppurtunity imaginable to take the wrong path, but I didn't, mainly because I knew my old man would come down on me like a tonne of bricks. And now I'm 30, and have never been in trouble with the cops, except for a few scallywag traffic infringements, while most of the idiots I grew up with have criminal records.

It all comes down to the old addage of "Spare the rod, spoil the child". Harden the **** up people.