Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FIR35 - the v6 superute

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
well a friend gave it the superute name and i just think its funny

wasnt sure if to put it in here or the VY section?
it is originally a VU, but has the VY front conversion (yeah it sure is a vu, check out the side mirrors lol)
engine is cammed with a crowcam, with stronger valve springs to suit, and we threw in a rollmaster timing gear set in there while we had it in pieces.

heres a few pics, now you can see where the superute came from haha

picture023lz4.jpg

picture024yh2.jpg

picture028gt8.jpg

Juddy01

Reaction score
Website
sccommodores.editboard.com
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
that is one nice uterus buddie!!!! i love the supercar front on them... love the ride height & wheels!!! is the front end conversion hard to do? is there much involved?
good work mate... JUZ

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
i bought with the basic front conversion already done, but as far as i know all the pannels are just bolt on.
i've just put on the supercar bar myself, chrome bonnet trim, the 19" wheels, lowered it, painted the grill and the flame designs, also fitted an infill panel at the rear to centre the plate.
me and a mate did all the engine work to, was standard when i got it.

will try to get some interior pics up soon, pretty much just your basic stuff so far though

also about to put some mesh behind the front bar, pretty big gaping hole in there, bet the radiator loves it

quiksilv3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII L67 Statesman
Looks good. Not a fan of the supercar front but if you like it then that's all that matters.

Wouldn't mind knowing what it too to change to the VY front

adam_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU manual
when i bought it i was 19, and only 20 now. i cant afford to keep a V8 really so thats why i didnt get one, but this little 6 will beat a 5L so its good enough for me now.

as for the front conversion, because vu to vz have the same chassis design all you gotta do is unbolt the old one, put on the new one, easy as that. pretty much how they did it at holden to.
so pretty much everything and including the plastic infront of the windscreen with the flames is all interchangable i believe. i have vy bonnet, grill, lights and with vz vented guards. possibly have the change the upper radiator support as well to fix the later model lights to, dunno though

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Thats a tuff lil ute!! LOve the VY front and the flames decals!! TUFF

Haha... how good is it showing the 5L boys up with the ol' 6!!

Keep us posted!! this this obviousl has heaps of potential!

GOod luck with it mate