Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First car VP Calais

jellycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Series II V6
Sorry for not replying earlier
$3500 i picked her up for, she was really nice except for the crack in the windscreen. Which leads me to why im posting again:
So decided to get my windscreen fixed after all it was coming up to rego and need a pink slip, wouldnt pass with a massive crack in it so had to get a new one. So driving around one day i noticed this like tapping sound coming from the back everytime i went over a bump ( and in Syd theres plenty of them!)
So stopped, and went round to the back
looked everywhere all over the seats and then looked on the shelf, to my surprise finding little glass bits scatter across it. So i thght hmm well its either been broken before and its jst the bits rattling around, gave it a clean and bobs your uncle.
Didnt work like that however, when shutting the back door after thnking ive solved the tapping i noticed that the rear windscreen literally jumped 1-2 inches out of its rubber :eek:! So i thght oh no ive bought sumthing which has been in a crash, and its been repaired like crap! So out comes the wallet (Dads thankfully) and sent it to dads work to get fixed, at least its fixed now!
So went and got it pink slipped and rego done, which was fine. Dad comes home one day and goes u no how u want a radio, this guy at work can get it done heaps cheaper than say strhfield car audio or super cheap. However he only installs "good sh*t" so it may cost abit. So after choosing the one i got (a kenwood) it went into dads work and now i have an awesome radio!
other then whats been said shes pretty stock standard, might do a service on it soon.
saving for some rims, possibly XHP krayzees any1 no how much they cost? and any other suggestions?
Thanks guys
Jellycalais

jellycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Series II V6
Hi all, heres another update for u!
my new headunit is installed (a kenwood) which is gr8, usb, aux, blue tooth etc
so just saving up money now for something nice, however few matience things to do
The rooflining is stooping so im getting it down by one of my gf's friends bros whose an upholstery: $150
2nd thing to do is regarding my speakers, the left rear one is making a weird noise when i play bassy music so talked to one of my friends and his getting me some good ones for $100 n well install them sumtime soon. Ill post pics up when its done
So far shes still stock standard, but ive finally got my P's! So can go cruising now :D
Thanks guys Jellycalais

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Very nice, i wanna see you on a jc cruise sometime

jellycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Series II V6
Very nice, i wanna see you on a jc cruise sometime

very sweet mate have cruising in it be nice and comfy

TVR-161: yeah hit us up with a pm nxt time u guys go out, ill make sure to get around n check what u guys have

Exavalibur: you remind me i need to get some seat covers, but yes very comfy :D

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Bit late now that you have a new headunt, but holden records go back to 92. My 93 Calais and 92 Berlina were both still on holdens records, so you could have got the codes....lol

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's true!:) sometimes they want to charge you 15 bucks to look it up tho