Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Car

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
well i would go for it. sounds perfect for u. as for funding is there a way you could borrow cash from parents/relatives or even apply for a small loan for funding. If u miss out there will be others around. But as stated it sounds quite a good deal for the price as in quality/condition its in. hope you sort it out

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Mm borrowing is kind of out of the question as they are in a bit of a financial situation. My relatives also live overseas so i only have my direct family here in Australia.

With the loan there is a company that advertises on TradingPost and they can do a $2000 loan that can be repayable in 1 year (Tax = $109, = $2109) or 2 years (Tax = $119, $2119). So it's a really low rate but then again i'm not sure about signing a 1-2 year contract as i don't have a stable income (part time job due to year 12). Also i'm not even 18 yet (about a month to go). So many complications! So interested in this car though!

:(

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Anyone wanna buy a PRO GT bike for $350
chain rust and flat tyres due to not being used but it's all good :)

Selling PSP (Not slim) with Final Fantasy, GTA Vice City Stories, Liberty City Stories, Tony Hawks.
Come with charger.
$150

:)

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Good news.
If i can get a decent deposit on this car i think he will hold onto it for me.
Just need to get the cash for the deposit now. I'm thinking 20% ($400)

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
yeh man it looks in good condition. just bought my first car which was also a VL, thing is mine is in better overall condition but the good old red paint was faided to the SH**house. but in saying that it did have an effed gearbox which sent me back another 750
if you dont have the money id just save up a bit and keep looking. and if they have had the car 4 sale a while chances are you can bargain them right down (y)
well thats my twenty cents anyways
good luck with it man
cheers

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
If funds are tight I am going to be boring here and say perhaps wait a bit. Yes this car sounds the goods but if it was easy to find then maybe there will be another soon.
Remember that after you buy the car there is stamp duty, Rego in 4 moths (that is Christmas time btw) which is another 600-800, insurance (don't even think about hitting the roads without 3rd party).
And that is assuming that you don't need any major repairs down the track.

I am not trying to kill the idea but just want to make sure you don't buy yourself more financial strife. My first car was a POS Cameria.

Mike

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
Thanks for the input.
Yeah i'm beginning to realise that if things go sour then im pretty much ***ed. Insurance will go under my dads name because they are asking about 3-4k for it which is ridiculous.

Just out of curiosity, how much is stamp duty and what does it actually cover? What is it actually for?