Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Ride VZ SV6

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
Hey everyone, just got my P's and was lucky enough to get the old family car for myself. Has a few k's on the clock but i know the full history and has never been thrashed at all. I'm starting off simple and will work my way up to some more serious mod's, the SA laws prevent me from legally enhancing my engine performance so am going to stick with the looks and audio side of things for now.

Name: Matt
My Age: 17
Model: 2004 VZ SV6
Colour: Impulse Blue
Kilometers: 182000
Engine Type: 3.6 V6 Alloytech
Engine Mods: None
Power: 190KW
Exhaust: Stock
Gearbox: Automatic
Brakes: Stock
Suspension: Stock FE2
Rims: Zumbo Siphon 19"
Interior:Standard
Exterior: Standard
Stereo: Standard (For Now)
Other Mods:
-Removed Spoiler
-Double-Din Headunit

Future Mods:
-Tint Tail Lights
-Paint Callipers/Hubs
-2 Hole Mod
-Custom Fibreglass Sub Boxes in rear corners of boot (already bought)
-Amp/sub setup (2X12 Subs, Monoblock Amp?)
-Front Speakers

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Last edited:

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Put some more pics up dude, but it looks nice and its good to know being your old family car and the history

As for mods I understand the power restrictions, if I were you I'd mainly look at cosmetic mods or the cheap engine mods like the DIY 2 hole mod for a bit of sound and a zorst, preferrably one off NAAF (a forum sponsor) and then just some clean tasteful mods

Apart from that a nice vz and I hope you enjoy it for a while to come :)

Last edited:

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
Yeah i plan on it within the next couple days. Cheers, i'm happy with how it looks with the wheels and will probably remove the spoiler soon for the cleaner look.

Yeah the restrictions are a pain. Cosmetic mod's are a main focus for the car as well as the audio. I hadn't thought about it recently but as you mentioned it i think i might give the 2 hole mod a crack.

Cheers for your thoughts :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Yeah I'm in the process of the two hole mod, I bought the shroud and put it in a couple months ago but haven't gotten around to cutting out the second hole and putting a pipe in haha I'm only doing it for the sound though not massive killer wasps, without going FI in these alloytec engines your just wasting your money IMO

I'm leaving the performance mods and hoping to get a 6L vz thunder when I'm off my P's so I can take all my mods off my ute and put into that

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
Ah yeah nice! The sound is what i want to do it for also, I don't like the quiet stock sound and just want to be able to hear something from the engine!

That sounds look a good plan to me!

Impulse vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
6spd Vz sv6
Looks like a good starting point mate!

The usual lower, remove wing & mudflaps will make a big difference :)

Looking forward to see how you go with this fiberglass sub boxes, I was looking at doing the same with my subs...

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
Cheers mate. Yeah i want to lower it and remove the mud flaps except when I'm on my farm I have a about 5km's of rough unsealed road until the bitumen, so for now il keep them as they are.

Yeah I'm looking forward to setting them up, i like how they leave the boot with open space and looks neat as well.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Looks good mate, just watch out for the timing chain, unless its been replaced, best thing about buyign a car from family, is you can get it cheaper an you know how its been driven, i bought my ss from mum when she upgraded to a new car, an i got it cheap an for a v8 that hasnt been driven hard is really hard

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
Cheers for the advice :) Yeah the price is the best part about buying from my family, a lot cheaper lol.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah paid pretty much nothing for my ss, its a bit rough on the front bar but thats it haha, yeah timing chain is a killer in the alloytecs, common fault in them, even in the new ve's its still a problem in them, you think they would have figured it out by now but they havent haha, shows how slack holden is