Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

First Time Buying From Holden Dealer

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
avoid questions like "how much do you have to spend" (answer - not sure). When you decide how much you want to pay drop it a bit and say I can only go to X and then walk away if they won't give it to you (within reason). They will come crawling.

Try not to get attached to the car, there are plenty more
VE SV6 II - Auto 6 in perfect blue
cars out there. It's not even really that special.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
If I were you I'd decide on a budget and work out finance/loans before even looking at any car. Otherwise you're half a chance to get emotionally attached to a car and sign up for whatever horrid finance deal the dealer's getting paid commission to flog off to people

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
If I were you I'd decide on a budget and work out finance/loans before even looking at any car. Otherwise you're half a chance to get emotionally attached to a car and sign up for whatever horrid finance deal the dealer's getting paid commission to flog off to people

Go in with the mindset you want to spend under your budget - never let the dealer know how much you have to spend.

Finance from a dealer isn't always bad - get this out of your head.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
In spite of all the good advice you receive about how to handle car salesmen, remember they do this day in day out and know all the tricks. No matter how good you think you have done in your dealing; In the end (no pun)- just bend over the table and take it like a man.