Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitted new fuelpump car winds over but no start ,

Von Chop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 99 vt ll clubsport auto LS1 & R8 auto leather
hi, 1st post here , I just fitted new fuel pump into my vt 2 clubsport , have 1/4 tank of new fuel, new filter, wind car over almost fires or does for a second . pulled fuel pipe off injection rail , turn key & gas pumps out for 1 to 2 seconds .battery in car went flat while waiting for new pump ,key makes 1 beep when turned on like normal . red light goes off when doors unlocked with remote ... the pump fitted was a fuel miser p/n#FPE 454 the pump that came out was a Delphi 25324949. cheers

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Filter round the right way? What happens when disconnected at the fuel rail does it only pump for 1-2 seconds then stop dead or that was just you checking to see if it was working? If you turn the key to "on" you can hear it prime? Does doing this repeatedly have any effect?

Von Chop

Reaction score
Members Ride
yip filter is on right way. I can turn the key 10 times & it runs out pipe for 1-2 seconds then stops . I can hear the pump prime up every time if I have a couple of seconds between each turn of key to 'on' position

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Sounds like a vats (security system) fault on the early lsX system.

The pump running for 1-2 seconds then shutting off is normal, does it keep pumping if you turn the engine over? (best into a container and not over the engine)
Have you disconnected the battery for 30-60 seconds to reset computers since the issue started?
And the silly question.. did you charge the battery (with the battery disconnected) before trying to start or jump start it from another vehicle?

Von Chop

Reaction score
Members Ride
hi, when I keep cranking engine over with fuel pipe in container, the fuel keeps pumping.have had battery disconnected to reset several times. I haven't jumped the car at all ,only tried starting from charged battery, when the battery was flat I couldn't find my keys as car had been sitting a few weeks, I tried using a snap-on car unlocking set down the window with thin tool ,no luck , found my keys used them to open from dead lock ... popped bonnet ..swapped out flat for charged battery & tried to start ... and ended up here asking for advice ;-)

Von Chop

Reaction score
Members Ride
clubbie still not going , checked I had spark while cranking & and as it fired...yes. squirted start ya bastard in air box.. and car stared and actually ran for a couple of seconds.. so thinking it must be fuel supply .. can anyone cross reference the 2 fuel pump numbers I put in 1st post .. as thinking it may be wrong fuel pump ?? I have asked holden dealer here & didn't want to know

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Manually run the pump and see if any fuel comes out the return side of the rail, the regulator could be clogged and not letting the air be pushed out.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's the correct fuel pump.

Sounds like it's a security issue though. Make sure the battery in the car is fully charged and is actually OK. If the PCM detects too large a voltage drop it won't start.

Von Chop

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers for quick replies guys, the rail doesn't have a return side as the regulator is in the fuel pump in tank I think. battery is fully charged .... security dash light stops blinking when its suppose to ... . fuel pressure test kits seem to be $200 plus here ....its $200 plus to get the transported to a shop .. it cost that to get it home when it 1st stopped..can I make a gauge out of a oil pressure gauge?

Von Chop

Reaction score
Members Ride
how do I reset PCM on a series 2 ??