Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting 19's on my ute, need help with staggered profile and suspension components.

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Well I have found the perfect 19" rims for my ute and now just need to decide on if I want staggered profile (8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears). Im aware that the 9.5's will cost more for tires, but what I am wondering is if i was to lower my ute to SL fronts and SSL rears will i have problems with the 9.5's clearance and maybe be better off with 8.5's all around?

In King springs is SSL the same as Ultra low? or what are the heights in kings?

Obviously with the new springs I will be buying new shocks, thinking Monroe GT sports?

I dont want to drop this on its guts just to a nice ride height that can still hold a tool box and say a few bits and pieces.

Any help you all could give me would be most appreciated :)

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
Clearance will depend on the offset of the wheel and the width tyre you decide on fitting. As for the springs, there are that many part no's of king springs that interfit between that many types of holden I think you would be best off sending king springs an email or calling them telling them the type of wheel and profile tyre and what you use your ute for i.e loads etc., they will send back the ideal part no's for you. I ran khrl 46 on the back and khfl 47?? (can't remember for sure) on the front with 18's. King class these as ultra low for the vz v8 ute. There are also heavy duty springs which, again will possibly suit your application better. I hope this helps mate and good luck with it all.

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
Im running exaactly same size staggered size on my VZ CALAIS on stock height. Needed to roll gaurds running 265/30/19 but can see bit more clearance for 275/30/19. Had full car loads n no rubbing on gaurds. Just depends on the offset of the rear wheels. Ur rear tyres inside will wear out in about 1 year or abit more.. hope that helps

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Ur rear tyres inside will wear out in about 1 year or abit more.. hope that helps

What is your rear wheel alignment like, mine with std 19x8 hSV's has almost perfect square wear on the rear tyres and they are just about worn down to the indicators.
They are just wearing a little faster than the fronts, maybe because its hard to take off quickly without wheel spin.

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Ok i will give kings an email to see what they think. As for the alignment my tires are wearing squarely and i have the same probs as you but i have to try harder haha

If I only went 245's would i need to roll my guards?

Cheers

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
rolling your guards is always good insurance if you're going lower

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
What is your rear wheel alignment like, mine with std 19x8 hSV's has almost perfect square wear on the rear tyres and they are just about worn down to the indicators.
They are just wearing a little faster than the fronts, maybe because its hard to take off quickly without wheel spin.

My mechanic told me rear wheels are negative camber - 1.5 . Dunno if this is the stock setting or not but i havent touch any of the alignments in the rears. Having 19x9.5 rears doesnt help.. but doesn look mean!! datz why i went with staggered. Maybe having the wider wheels in the rear throws out the rear setting?

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Am getting the guards rolled now, found a bloke who will do it for me. What does the negative 1.5 camber mean???