Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting 6x9's in a VX

S

Spyder

ok, im planning on fitting some 6x9's into the vx's parcel shelf, looking up at it from the boot you can see plates covering up the area where they go. how hard is it to remove these covers? are they welded on there or simply glued on???
:)

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Spyder said:
ok, im planning on fitting some 6x9's into the vx's parcel shelf, looking up at it from the boot you can see plates covering up the area where they go. how hard is it to remove these covers? are they welded on there or simply glued on???
:)
They should just pop out mate with a little force not too familiar with vx but im sure there same as the vt.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Simply done.....Put your hand on the window above the plate and give it a tap with the hammer. Your hand is simply so you don't scratch or break the window

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Does anyone know if you can fit small subs to the 6"x9" holes on the VX?

Mike S

Car Audio Pro
Reaction score
The Calais version has a pair of 8" speakers in the rear shelf, although I must admit I've never heard them working. I have however insalled 8" subs in the shelf a few times in VT Comms, you just need to make an MDF spacer and get the grills from GM spares. They sound OK but I reckon a 10 or 12" sub in a box would sound heaps better than going to the trouble of trying to get them in the shelf. Plus the fact that you wont find too many good quality 8" subs any more.
If you really want to do it try Pioneer or Crossfire BMF or Jaycar speakers, there may be some cheaper stuff around in 8" , but as Will Smith said in Men in Black ....... Daaamn.

Mike :)

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
I just like the idea of having the subs out of the way and not taking up too much space. I'm not after a HUGE sound but a bit more than the standard speakers.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Chris, a pair of 6x9s amped up can put out as much as bass as a pair 8s amped up.