Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting a ve Calais headunit with all heating/cooling controls into a omega

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hey all

I'm after some Info about me fitting a headunit from a ve Calais with all
The heater/ac controls working into my omega.

So far I know I need to purchase a Calais headunit and the centre air vents that will replace where the screen is for my omega.

So when I get these parts, what other parts are needed so I can get this to work 100% with the heating/ac controls working properly ?
I've seen others do this so could you tell me what's needed in order to make this install a success ?

Thank you

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Havent tried it but imagine you will also need the HVAC module and the harness to connect it all together.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Havent tried it but imagine you will also need the HVAC module and the harness to connect it all together.

What does the hvac module look like as I'm not sure myself ? And I'm guessing the harness is all those wires that connect up to the headunit.

Once I get all all the right bits, who can Install it or reprogram it to my car ?

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
Ultimate Conversion Wiring - Home can help u. and also JHP in melbourne. as jhp do sell the complete units and also fit them to your car if u want. they have the series 1 headunits from calais and also the series 2 IQ units both can be fitted to the omega

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Yeah, this can be a pretty big job if you haven't played around much with VE stuff before.

You will need to modify the HVAC HIM Controller, to fool it in to thinking you have all the Dual Zone Climate Control Sensors fitted.
(This means either sourcing a DZ HIM, and then soldering resistors on to the module to fake these inputs).
www.carmodder.com • Converting to Automatic Climate Control for the Holden VE Commodore

Then you will need to program the Headunit so as the VIN number in the headunit matches your car.
You can do this yourself with an EEPROM programmer, however it does require disassembly of the head unit, and can be quite scary if you haven't done this type of thing before.
(A few people have bricked their units not getting this step correct).
www.carmodder.com • Programming the Colour LCD HVAC / Radio for the Holden VE Commodore

Then its just a matter of sourcing optional trim pieces (If you wish to remove the upper omega screen, but this is entirely optional, the screen just wont do anything with the Calais/SSV/HSV headunit).

I can vouch for Ultimate Conversion Wiring, as he programmed my IQ unit (Which was out side of my abilities), and he was very helpful (and patient lol) with me !

leardim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Can you put an ssv headunit in an omega or it has to be calais? If so what's the difference in the two ? :)

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
The difference is only aesthetic.

The Calais Headunit has white illumination, the SSV has red illumination for the buttons.
The Calais headunit has silver highlights, and is dark grey in colour.
The SSV Headunit is black in colour, and does not have any highlights.

Both require either the DZ sensors, or a modified HIM module, as well as the headunit to be programmed.
Hope this helps.

leardim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Thats for the quick reply!!
Just Because I Bought a SSV Headunit with what i now believe is a calais facia and had it programmed, also changed the HVAC unit to Dual zone. And it system error came up. All the heating and cooling worked fine but the error still appeared. The person who programmed it has done it a number of times to other cars and was confused as to why it didnt work. I have given the unit to someone different to program it , hopefullyit works . :(

danny1313

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais
headunit

Hi, I got a VE Calais 2008 and I want to know how to get the navigation and dvd to work.It's got the stock head unit (coulour Blaupunk, 6 stack ) any help would be good.

Cheers

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
NAV will only work if you have the GPS option fitted which means you will have a big black box in the glove box where the navigation DVD goes and interfaces with head unit and the dash. No black box no NAV just a button that does nothing. Personally I the GM NAV system is not that great and better off with a standalone $100 NAVMAN etc or if you have the $$$$ you can get an aftermarket GPS integrated to your existing head unit.

As for DVDs, they work in the Roof Mounted console and play just like a normal DVD player using the remote or roof console to control the player with the head unit set to REAR AUX. DVDs don't play in the head unit and you will only see the picture displayed on the head unit when stationary unless you have the system modd'ed.