Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting an LSD

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
Just curious apart from buying the diff centre, what else is needed to fit an LSD to my car and how involved a process it is.

Cheers

-Slippy

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
It's pretty much a "unbolt the old, bolt on the new" kind of a deal. Commodore diffs are purely mechanical, so there's no tuning involved or anything.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
i dont know about irs but when i did mine which was live axle a needed a new diff cover gasket, lsd diff oil and an lsd additive.

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
i just did mine it would be hard to do if your not using a hoist.

you pretty much start by draining the oil out of your single spinner the drain plug its the bolt at the very bottom out your diff, undo the drive shafts on either side LEFT ONE FIRST then the tail shaft, then hold then diff center up with a jack and undo the 4 bolts ontop these can give you the shits, once you done that just undo the 4 13mm bolts holding the rubber mounts and you done.

if your diff dosent come with the 2 metal type discs with teeth on the side that the drive shafts bolt on too like mine didnt gett a big pry bar and give it a bash with a hammer and they will pop off but make sure you grease them up before sutting them in the new one

and fill it up with 2L of lsd oil you fill it up through the massive bolt on the right hand side of your diff you fill it up intill it starts to come out the hole, it doesnt need a additive like the guy said above me...

Last edited: