Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting body kit

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive/ VR clubsport
Hey guys, its been a while. Finally brought a grp a front spoiler and grille, and vk grp 3 rear. Do u guys know how to fit the damn thing tho? more the grp a front spoiler...do i hav to cut the bumper that i got then fit the spoiler on to it?

Thanks in advanced..

cheers,
Shady

My Car Pwns

16 Mths Suspended Lisence
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fully Sick Push Bike Uleh!
Free Bump...

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
it should just screw on to the existing bumper. you have to be careful that it goes on evenly. then run a sealer or something to blend them together and paint the whole thing.

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks bangers...

i managed to get it to screw on pretty evenly, just wondering tho should i glue it on to the existing bumper? or just use the sealant to cover any gaps? cause my car had been in a front end accident, u can notice about a 5mm gap in the front, well i can notice it, it looks pretty good and all the boys at work like it..one other thing, my car is white. should i get the kit sprayed white as well? or sprayed the original grey?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
depends, have you got side skirts and side door moulds too? if so two tone the car white and silver. the old grey looks crap but silver really highlights the kit. now...if the front skirt is screwed securely you shouldn't need to glue it. just run a paintable sealer. its just incase you ding the skirt it's easier to dismantle for repairs. post some pics too.

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
at the moment only got side skirts...i decided on goin all white..cause i got the vk and vl mix goin on..i will post up some pics in the next few days. just a bit busy with uni again...

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
Sorry about digging up an old thread guys :bang: but i'm having some trouble with my group A front spoiler . I bought it about 6 weeks ago and i'm trying to find out how to attatch the spoiler to the top half of the plastic bumper ? It looks like some one had done a half arsed attempt by using 3 inch screws and some cheap builders bog lol . I know it can be repaired and confident in doing it myself but i'm not sure as how the two parts of the bar are attatched . Do i attach the two wid fiber glass mating and resin , Some kind of supper glue or liquid nails ? :whistling

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate...

i recently took my front spoiler undone since my brother ran it up the gutter and split the fibreglass...

the first thing i did was work out how much of the original bumper to cut away....so that the grp a spoiler fitted to it..

i got fibreglass sheets and resin to add to the grp a spoiler where it didnt meet to the original bumper....applied this on the inside of the spoiler...that way if you arent too good with the fibreglass it isnt noticeable...

sanded the whole thing down....did another dry fit to work out where to screw it all together....ended up bolting the inside side edge....where the original bumper joins to the spoiler inside the wheel well....

bolted in the centre of the front...on both sides where the big 'mouth' section is....as my brother calls it...and that seemed to do the trick...never fell off until he ran it up the gutter and split the joins in the kit....

also....after i bolted it all together...i used a fibreglass filler along the gaps....just to reinforce the join between the spoiler and bumper, and some heavy duty adhesive on the inside joins just to make sure it wasnt going anywhere....

if you need any pics let me know...mine is back to being primed at the moment, just finished repair work and waiting for a hot day to repaint it...

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
cheers 4 the advice mate :thumbsup: . i didn't thought it would be
strong enough anyhoo i'l give a try and see how it goes .

Last edited: