Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fitting body kit

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
I've removed the fiberglas/spoiler from the top half of the bumper . I'm now in the procces of fixing the fiberglas bottom/spoiler coz some f#cktard put poprivets and screws through it and the tried to cover it up using bog instead of fiberglas and resin lol .Luckly enough there wasn't much damage done to the fiberglas/spoiler part of the bar . If its not to much of a hastle could u post some pictures of your spoiler ? Just to give me a better idea of what mine should look like when she's finnished .

Cheers !!!

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive/ VR clubsport
well i had a recent experience with mine....kinda fell off when doing 110km/h...my brother took it apart cause he wanted to fix the gap from where my other brother ran up the gutter...
so here is the before and after of the damage...then where reattached on the front....at the moment it is night...in the morning i will take some pics of where i screwed it together...
pretty much u want to screw it on the sides....use some fibreglass and resin to smooth out any gaps on both the inside and out...

photos in the morning...good luck.....dont forget a tape measure to make sure the sides are even....for a while mine were uneven where it hit the kerb..all good now...lol

Attachments

• Image103.jpg
    Image103.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,529
  • Image095.jpg
    Image095.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,205

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
pics back to front..but u get the idea....most of the bottom of that section had been filed off from where it scraped along the tarmac while i was trying to slow down and pull over...many have told me im lucky to be alive...cause the bar actually wedged itself up under the brake...had to jack up the car to get it out!

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok here is a few pics.....as you can see they were all taken on my fone...so sorry for the quality...

basically on the inside where the wheel well is....it is bolted to the original bumper....

i re-fibreglassed all the joins together, both on the exterior of the bar and the interior of the bar...for extra strength i jammed in some adhesive first between the joins on the interior....then fibreglassed it together...because i am giving the car to my brother in a few weeks...he wanted the smooth join...whereas previously i had a noticeable join...just to match the rear bar...

the last photo..that is the original bumper joined to the kit..i think if you look really close you can see where the reo bar attaches to the original bumper..then the orignal attachs to the grp a bar....there was a bit of a gap there so i fibreglassed that together too...:whistling

all in all...you will need a couple of screws/bolts....(depending on what you would prefer..i originally had it screwed on the sides and inside...but they fell out when by brother broke the seal...) some fibreglass sheets and resin, heavy duty adhesive (think i scored some at repco for like 10 bucks...works really good..sets hard quick so you can hold the parts together) sandpaper and paint.....oh and if you want...you can use fibreglass filler...thats the pink stuff in the photos...it just fills in any lows in your fibreglass work and any imperfections in the grp a bar that might have happened when someone ran it up the gutter...lol

Attachments

• fone 13 6 08 056.jpg
    fone 13 6 08 056.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 651
  • fone 13 6 08 054.jpg
    fone 13 6 08 054.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 722
  • fone 13 6 08 053.jpg
    fone 13 6 08 053.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 642
  • fone 13 6 08 052.jpg
    fone 13 6 08 052.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 663
  • fone 13 6 08 051.jpg
    fone 13 6 08 051.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 679
  • fone 13 6 08 050.jpg
    fone 13 6 08 050.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 1,768
  • fone 13 6 08 055.jpg
    fone 13 6 08 055.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 954
  • fone 13 6 08 057.jpg
    fone 13 6 08 057.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 683

maxpower QLD

has mild super powers
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xtrail/5spd VL
Thanx for the pictures and for taking the time to but all that stuff up mate . I might give it a go over the weekend if i have time . I've allways liked the look of the Group A kits they look tuff lol :yeah: . Then once its all fitted the VL hopefully should be ready to paint , not sure what colour to paint it yet prob a nice deep red colour or a hot pink or something like that lol :whistling . Anyhow i'l post a few pictures of the bar when i get it finnished . cheers for the help :thumbsup:

shady

Reaction score
Members Ride
its all good....good luck with it...

there is a hot pink/silver calais running around sydney...it looks alright....

i went all white...even door handles and mirrors....just wanted to look clean and easy to repair chips and scratches...do about 800km a week so didnt want to get too messy with paint costs for all the stone chips from the highways...lol

waiting for the sun to come out to respray my front...damn rain wont budge or it is to windy...so when i stick it out to dry the dirt blows up....not cool...but it will get there soon enough...

holdenfan86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual Vt
just got a vl

i just got a vl wagon in a swap and was wondering if there was a more modern body kit i could fit to my car like a vn clubsport or a ss kit

VL_88_micksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL '88' inline 6 5spdman
On The Hunt

I have a VL 88 sedan and i want to do it up but cant find any group A bodykits like the one in the pics above... i love the look of it and really want one would anyone know where i could find a full bodykit??...........CHEERS.......

Attachments

• 27062010115 - Copy.jpg
    27062010115 - Copy.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 505
  • 27062010114.jpg
    27062010114.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 573
  • 27062010113.jpg
    27062010113.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 451