Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting Cold Air to VS problem

R

razor

Just got a Holden s/c intake for my VS for 50 bucks! Just concerned about bending the air con hose beneath the radiator cap so that the inlet pipe fits . Has anyone done this? Will bending it slightly be of any concern.

vs_berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Berlina
Hey Razor,

I fitted one to my VS, and the Transmission cooler lines were *slightly* in the way, but some gentle persuasion got them to happily sit next to the cai piping. Cannot recall any of the A/C hoses in the way tho, it didn't take me long to fit, so I can only assume that they weren't in the way (oh, and btw, yes, i do have a/c!).

Good Luck, and remember, hoses can bend (just not to 90 degrees or so!)

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
first thing is i cant recall there bieng a hose under the radiator cap

but if you do have one is it rubber or metal ? if rubber no worries just dont kink it, if metal be very carefull cause if you break the weld bye bye gas.

i have the C.A.I in mine and aircon but cant see the hose your talking about you can see my intake from the link below where it says my homepage

R

razor

Thanks for the help guys. Im pretty shure its the trans-cooler hose NOT the Air con line. Whatever it is, its right below the radiator cap and it can be bent a bit. Theres not a great deal of pressure on it, but I just dont want to botch it up! Should i just proceed with D.I.Y or just get it fitted properly?

skarekrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute M6
i reckon proceed with the d.i.y cos its not as hard as it seems. i fitted mine myself and used a bit of gentle persuasion to move the hose in the way, its ok as long as you're gentle with it.

R

razor

Fitted it today with no (major) dramas. Thanks for the help guys