Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting gas bonnet lifters to VN

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VP/R/S I think all have the same ones? right? VN's didnt have them that's why this thread is all VN people sticking them on :)

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Yeah, VP-VS definately fit. I'm not sure about later models but they might. I'd describe them as gas bonnet struts (and fittings).

timmy_tam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN calais 91
how do you tackle the issue of the bonnet being raised slightly higher around the area of the strut, even after the bolts in teh area have been removed?

also, see leigh8695 on ebay if ur after a complete set, brand new including all bolts AT A GREAT PRICE!

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy v6 manual ute
I put a set in 2 days ago with no probs at all untill now. Now I c ant get my bonnet open:ranting: :computer: . The bonnet release under the dash wont work and now I've stuffed it:cry: and I haven't got anyone here to sit on the bonnet either to see if that works:cry:

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Timmy_tam can you put up any pics? It's a bit hard to say what might be going on witout seeing the problem. It could be that the struts are mounted too far back on the guards though, so they can't compress enough for the bonnet to shut properly.

Not too sure on your problem though biteme1978. It could be that the cable has just stretched with age. Mine won't open sometimes if the car gets really hot sitting in traffic. There may be some adjustment on them, but i've not looked yet. I'll go and check in a bit.