Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting spoiler to VT. Template?

ricky0134

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
Hey guys. Today i went out to a wreckers and picked a VX S-pac spoiler cheap.($30)
Now im just wondering if there is anyone that could tell me where to drill the holes or direct me to a template. haha
Thanks.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
mate all you need to do is position where you want it to sit on the boot use a non permanent marker and then trace around them at the base so it leaves a diagram on your boot . make a template off your contact towers or legs on the spoiler with the wholes cut out , place them on your trace out on ya boot and then mark your hole' s , make sure off the extra hole for brake light bar. put a smear of silicon around the holes not much just enough to stop water leaks. before you start open boot you see the flat area where roughly the bolt come through hope this helps , ps don't over do the bolts, just nip them up.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I took these photos for a friend that was fitting an SS spoiler to his VX, I realise you are fitting an S spoiler to a VT, but I would think the bolt holes would be in a similar position, the pics are off my VX SS and are the locations of the factory bolt holes. Maybe see how the bolt holes on the S spoiler compare to these pics.

ricky0134

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
Thanks mate, im actually too cat to try it myself, im just going to get some measurements off the car it came off and play it safe as i have time. ill post some measurements once i get them.