Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fitting VF SS Mufflers and tips on SV6 - possible?

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Hi all,

I've seen it done before and just assumed they were a bolt on swap. But I called up my local exhaust joint and he said it's not possible and would be less fuss just to upgrade the whole cat-back system to get dual tips.... doesn't sound right to me.

Is is possible to buy SS mufflers and tips and do it myself or is it not straight forward like that?

Has anyone else done it?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
It's straight swap

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
It's straight swap

On gumtree and ebay there seem to be different types of "SS mufflers" as in the section of pipe that would connect up to the exhaust either has a simple bolt on connection, or the other version has me some flange that doesn't seem straight forward...

Has anyone done this mod how did you do it?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There are two different types, a 2 bolt flange and a ball joint type flare with a clamp. You need the 2 bolt flange style. Sedan and wagons are the same, utes are different.

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V6 MY17, VX Calais V6 2000
Hi everyone,

This thread is a little old but hopefully someone reads this message... :)

I'm looking to replace the stock mufflers on my 2017 VF Calais with the twin pipe mufflers on the Calais V/SSV.

I'm assuming these are a straight swap over based on the information above.

Will these give the exhaust a better note/sound? I like the twin tip mufflers as they fill in the huge gap provided in the stock bumper.

Is is best to get genuine mufflers if I'm after sound/looks or is there any aftermarket ones available that anyone could recommend.

Cheers :)

atimicute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8 MY15 Series 1.5
Hi,
I fitted twin pipes to my VE series 2 V6. The VF should also be a simple swap. I think the VE sounds a bit better and certainly looks better with four pipes.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just be sure to get a set with the correct flange type for your car. There are two different types. SS and V8 Calais ones will fit. Redline ones won't fit. Non AFM (manual) ones, or even more so, VF2 V8 ones will be a bit louder than AFM ones.