Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Five dieting mistakes

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I wasn't huge to start with, but I sure as hell didn't want to keep getting bigger. So I did something about it.

Closing your mouth is doing something about it! Getting up of the couch is doing something about it. Moving your fat arse is doing something about it. I've been moving my fat arse all over local suburbia recently, not eating any fat, sugar or carbs, and the weight it falling off!!! (and the dogs are loving it too) Best part is I actually don't have ANY limits on the amount of food I can eat - just the type of food. AND I'm still going to be able to enjoy my birthday next week and Christmas. As well as being over 20kg lighter and a whole lot fitter!

I just can't understand a permanent medical change you your body just so you eat less. You're screwed if you ever want to indulge at a party or Christmas dinner or something.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Lol at everyone criticising the poor woman who wrote this.To be honest with you guys, these "five dieting mistakes" are pretty spot on. I am very diet conscious (I count cals etc) and go to the gym. I would argue that these are definitely in the top 10 mistakes that people I know trying to lose fat make. You can lose weight in a million different ways, as long as you're on a calorie deficit (calories consumed < calories burnt per day).

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
You're screwed if you ever want to indulge at a party or Christmas dinner or something.

I can indulge. I just have small amounts.
Food is not the be all & end all. I can still eat what I want, I just eat tiny portions.

No need for you to get your knickers in a knot - I'm the one that did it, I'm not forcing you to. I'm just purely sharing what I did to lose weight, so don't tell me to get my arse off the couch, because I have done & still do.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I think the problem is we don't teach nutrition at school (very basic). The average person (and 90% of this forum) have no idea how to use food to manipulate how they look (lose weight, lose fat, gain weight, gain muscle, maintain weight, improve immune system etc)

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Because normal (ie. Healthy lol) food is quite fibrous, whereas chips have fat or somethingorrather that makes it easy to go down.

Not sure what your mums had - stomach stapling it was back in those days - same as a gastric bypass these days.
I've had a gastric sleeve - which is the first part of a bypass, but a relatively new procedure on it's own.
With a sleeve they remove 80% of your stomach, with a bypass they do the same, but they then go further and remove part of the intestine so the food pretty much bypasses the stomach altogether. Pretty extreme.
Also dont quote me on the bypass procedure as I've not actually had it done, but I am a full bottle on the sleeve lol.
Yes she had the stappling done it was pretty brutal work back then..

My god its pretty exstreme is an understatement :hmmm:. Are you just going on how the sleeve works before deciding on the full bypass?.

Medically restricting intake is completely wrong in my opinion. It can't be undone! Why not just exercise self control ffs?!
Its not always that simple. When i was obese i played football walked and bike ride to and from school and basically everywhere else. We didnt eat takeaway food and hardly had or ate chips. I was never a fan or desserts, and didnt enjoy lollies - but had a kit kat crush. I then like today loved a good meal and dont shy away from it. I was accused of being a fat lazy so and so eating chips and sitting on the couch watching tv. this by my first employer who didn't like the way i vacuumed a race car out 4 times.