Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fixing a melted fuse block

chartoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
So my fuse block has melted on fuse 1 ,2 and 5. I think ive fixed the problems the previous owner did and installed relays in the headlight system. Now because me and my car and me are in thailand its hard to get a replacement fuse block.

My question is - I there anything connecting the fuses sideways along the fuse block- 1st to 2nd to 3rd fuse etc?

I wanna cut the fuse block between the 1st and 2nd fuse to make it easier to fit the new inline fuse.

cheers Andy

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
cant you get some of thoes spade fuses some wire and wire cutters to make temp repairs? (not a vl guy soo not shure)

chartoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Thats the problem. The spade fuse has melted into the fuse block. Its a mess. I wanna separate the fuse block so i can easy get under it and cut the correct wires to splice in a new inline fuse.........but i dont want to f#ck it more....

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
would a whole new block from the wrecker be easier?

chartoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Thats the problem. The spade fuse has melted into the fuse block. Its a mess. I wanna separate the fuse block so i can easy get under it and cut the correct wires to splice in a new inline fuse.........but i dont want to f#ck it more....

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
hes in thiland atm i dont think they would have another vl floating about

umm if there are wreckes were you are check if the have a old skyline i think they might have what you want if not smash it apart and rewire it with new connections and spades and tape em up outta the way not too much tho or its a fire haz

chartoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
would a whole new block from the wrecker be easier?

Me and the car are in Thailand so its a 30 cent in line fuse or pay a packet for a second hand block and postage. I get paid in thai baht. That would be $$$. I will take the time and save my money

chartoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Cool so i didnt think there is a prob separating the 1st fuse part from the rest of the block right?

Can anyone confirm this?

pimpmyvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s-pac
i cant imagin it would but i cant be sure can ya send pics and also say what each one is for(again im not familure with vls) oh and do ya have some cool pics of the vl in thiland?? dont think ive ever herd of one outside of aus

chartoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
will try and get pics of the fuse up later. ATM the car doesnt look too good. Ready for paint soon. The VL was sold in thailand for only a short time. Ive seen one or 2 camiras kicking around and a few VN's but this is the only VL calais ive seen or can find info on. Its been passed from aussie to aussie to aussie here LOL